GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about adding the air wings (deflectors) to my '02...I really don't like the looks of them, however, everyone I know that has them likes how they work...I noticed a picture of the Showchrome ones and I think I like the looks of those better than the Baker...does anyone know which works the best or can offer any helpful info before I take the plunge? :?:

·
Chard Member
13,063 Posts
I installed Bakers years ago because I can't stand to have my head slapped around at 80 mph. They didn't work for diddley. I then went with the Hondaline. They were really ugly, almost as ugly as the Bakers. I then went with the drk smoke Big Bike set. Over 100,000 miles later I'm still happy with them. :)

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Red...just rode over 500 miles today... started out cool this morning, mid day was just right, but last couple of hours it was a cold rain...my friend has the Bakers on his 1800 and he said it was great to be able to have the warmer air directed on him early this morning and during the rain...but I just don't like the looks of them...

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
We have the Baker mirror wings and leg wings, and really like both, but you'll get just about as many opinions about them as there are about tires, oil, and crush washers. :D

We have the dark smoke color on a yellow Wing.

Becky

·
Registered
19,323 Posts
Baker Wings under the mirrors

the rest are ugly

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Baker... have all 4 sets and love them!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I have bakers and are pretty pleased with them except for some stress cracks that have developed on the right side set, very strange, they are not near any screws, they look like someone took a knife and cut them in a random pattern. Oh well they were an ebay purchase so I have definantly gotten my moneys worth out of them.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
When riding in this area the temperatures change constantly with the changes in elevation. The Bakers are must have equipment in our book.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Wings

Agree..........

Baker Hand Wings just under the mirrors is about all we use, and are VERY happy with the results. WE go tthe clear edition on a white GL.

Cloud9

1 - 9 of 9 Posts