GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i have an 08 airbag model and really want to put on the ring of fire, but have been told i cant because of the sensors for the airbag. Although i reallydont believe this to be completely true and some say it has to do with puting to much weight up front. I personaly believe that there is a bolt or a bracket interfering with the airbag sensor like when we couldnt install a fork brace because there was a bolt. Has anyone with an airbag tried to or have installed the ring of

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Yes I have for a customer..The bag models are comepletely different than the other levels.

No vendor makes rotor covers for a bagger.I guess they felt there wasn't enough baggers to make a special set of covers that only fit baggers?.

·
Vendor
18,425 Posts
I have a customer to that ordered in a set and they don't fit.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well i was hoping they would still fit with a minor adjustment. I recon ill wait to see if someone sales a cheap set so i can buy and chopit up to see exactly whats stoppung it from being bolted on.
Thanks guys

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Well i was hoping they would still fit with a minor adjustment. I recon ill wait to see if someone sales a cheap set so i can buy and chopit up to see exactly whats stoppung it from being bolted on.
Thanks guys
Don't waste your time or money.I modify parts and there is no way to chop them up to fit.

The problem area is the chrome cover over the calipers.The baggers cover is larger than the non baggers is.

There is no way to make a set of rotor covers fit (he had the Honda Steel covers) the forks and back around the calipers too.The calipers set back further on the bag models.

Even is you did a ******* chop job,they'd look like a cheap ***** at Mardi grais..

Find a non bagger and measure the chrome covers and you'll see what I'm, saying.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Rocky.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts