GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got my cushion and got it all setup for just the right feel. At least it's the right feel while sitting still. Hopefully will be able to ride Friday and Saturday and will really be able to try it out.

I want to thank DDKing and others that suggested this and for DDKing suggesting that it be turned backwards. It's amazing the added comfort that gives when it supports your thighs!!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
I used an Airhawk extensivly on my Valkyrie for long trips and loved it. I really could not part with it. I found that less is more when it comes to air but like to bleed it a little at a time while riding too.

B

·
0 Posts
Airhawk Cusion Size

I've been thinking seriously about an Airhawk myself, so I would like to ask a few questions:
(1) What size best fits the Wing? I see one that is about 18-1/8" x 14-3/8". Is that the right one?
(2) With enough air in it to be comfortable, does it add much height to the seat? I can just barely sit flat footed with the stock seat.
(3) Can you blow it up with your mouth, or does it take a small pump?

TIA.

Regards................Bill 8)

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Airhawk Cusion Size

Bill Barry (Arkansas) said:
I've been thinking seriously about an Airhawk myself, so I would like to ask a few questions:
(1) What size best fits the Wing? I see one that is about 18-1/8" x 14-3/8". Is that the right one?
(2) With enough air in it to be comfortable, does it add much height to the seat? I can just barely sit flat footed with the stock seat.
(3) Can you blow it up with your mouth, or does it take a small pump?
Bill,
1. The Large Cruiser is the size you want and I think those are the dimensions.
2. About 1/2" ro 3/4" for me. I will probably adjust this more to find out exactly where I like it though.
3. Yes. NO pumps! Just inflate and deflate until you get where you want.

It is a great product. The price is scarey to me, but it is worth it now that I have ridden it this afternoon.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Would they work for the rear seat? My wife has a sheepskin that she folds up and perches on so that she can see over me on scenic rides. her neck tends to get sore looking around me for long periods. Or perhaps a booster seat? :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts