GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who asked, I finally got some time on the Airhawk, fully inflated and backwards. It worked very well, adding lots of thigh support and giving extra support in the middle of the seat, relieving some of the pressure points. Plus it added probably an inch in heighth which allowed me to raise my lower pegs up for more clearance. I am using it on my Diamond Seat and a friend is using it on his stock seat [althought he does not inflate it all the way, just uses it backwards for the support.]

If you have an Airhawk, you might want to try it this way. You might like it. If you don't have one, here is the best price I've found:

http://www.mc-accessories.com/

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
I noticed you said you fully inflated the Airhawk, I was curious because air filled pads generally work better when only partially inflated, I checked the Autumn Gold website and that's what Airhawk recommends. In this case having it fully inflated might help if you have long legs. What are your thoughts about that?

http://www.mc-accessories.com/Airhawk Adjustment.htm

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wingman26 said:
I noticed you said you fully inflated the Airhawk, I was curious because air filled pads generally work better when only partially inflated, I checked the Autumn Gold website and that's what Airhawk recommends. In this case having it fully inflated might help if you have long legs. What are your thoughts about that?

http://www.mc-accessories.com/Airhawk Adjustment.htm
Those are the instructions. My attitude is that try whatever you can think of in case those who wrote the instructions didn't think of it. So far, I like this better than partially inflated while my friend likes his partially inflated. Obviously, fully inflated will put more pressure on the Airhawk and it may fail at some point, but for now, the comfort for me is worth the risk.

·
Registered
441 Posts
If you don't have one, here is the best price I've found:
Dan,
Just ordered mine and can hardly wait for it to get here. Maybe this will stop the tailbone hurting and the upper thigh cramps when having to pick my feet up to put them on the pegs.[/quote]

·
Registered
53 Posts
Airhawk

I used an Airhawk on my Trophy for about 25K miles and it made all the difference in the world. I filled it than let a little air out throughout a ride than left it alone. It ended up with very little air in it and that was perfect. The nice thing about it was you can adjust it to your anatomy which gell will not do. Sold it when I got the GL because the stock seat is just right except for moving the rider back support back an inch. Will probably get another Airhawk when I get my V-Strom.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Airhawk

skudrunner said:
I used an Airhawk on my Trophy for about 25K miles and it made all the difference in the world. I filled it than let a little air out throughout a ride than left it alone. It ended up with very little air in it and that was perfect. The nice thing about it was you can adjust it to your anatomy which gell will not do.
I was just going to edit my post to mention this, but you beat me to it. When you use it backwards, the airstem is right in front and easy to get at.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts