GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone has experience with Kuryakyn, AirMaster Rear Airfoil?
I always drive alone and I've the problem of the air returning on my neck and shoulders.
I'm trying to understand if it is really helpful to reduce this problem or if it works well for the passenger only.

Andrea

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Andrea, the Kury airfoil works well for the passenger, but not so much for the rider. The best thing for air control to limit rider buffeting is to install a set of under mirror wind wings. Do you have those already? Some also like a vented windshield to break the vacuum behind the windshield that pulls air in from behind the driver.

Hope that helps.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Andrea, the Kury airfoil works well for the passenger, but not so much for the rider. The best thing for air control to limit rider buffeting is to install a set of under mirror wind wings. Do you have those already? Some also like a vented windshield to break the vacuum behind the windshield that pulls air in from behind the driver.

Hope that helps.

:thumbup:
+1 I have over 100,000 miles with one installed, Becky loves it but it does nothing for me.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
I have all the Baker wind wings on my trike.
That said I buy Kury air foil and put it on.
When riding by myself, it would flap back and forth.
My wife got on and we went for a ride. She couldn't tell the difference either.
Also my covers didn't fit.
I took it off and returned it for a refund.
The Baker wind wings are the best for air control.
As a side note- in all the rallies and traveling we do, I have never seen another Air Foil on a Goldwing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts