GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get rid of the airport symbols on my 2720. Does anyone know how to turn them off or delete them? When I zoom out sometimes there are so many that the map is unusable.

·
Registered
19,219 Posts
wow I have a 2720,where are you riding where there are multiple airport sysmbals?

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wow I have a 2720,where are you riding where there are multiple airport sysmbals?
Assuming that the question was not rhetorical the answer is almost any major metropolitan area such as Chicago, Memphis, Dallas, etc. I like to ride across country off of the interstates on smaller highways. I get more of a feel for what the state is like. But from time to time I need to use the interstate temporarily and then refind the highway. The example that prompted me to ask my original question was highway 64 across North Carolina, Tennessee and Arkansas. I needed to use I-40 in Memphis to cross the river into Arkansas. Once over the river I wanted to use 64 again. I "zoomed out" on the GPS looking for highway 64 but there were so many airport symbols that the screen was unreadable. I do not care about all of the Mom and Pop airports in the US so I want to change the symbol for this particular feature to none. I cannot search for a street without entering a city name so zooming out is my choice for locating it.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Jack D said:
I would like to get rid of the airport symbols on my 2720. Does anyone know how to turn them off or delete them? When I zoom out sometimes there are so many that the map is unusable.
Does changing 'Map Detail', (under 'Settings/Map') lessen the airport icons like you want?

Also, make sure you don't have any custom points of interest installed that might be messing you up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts