112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great I know theres more!!!

Hi Jack Great PICTURE!!!! HI Bob & Jean Hope to meet you soon!!! JC& Beth

·
Registered
598 Posts
Riding Yet?

Out of curiousity, how many have been out on the roads so far?

Got to ride to Anchorage two weekends ago (on the Suzuki), and took a little 100 mile spin on the KLR one evening last week. It will be a while before I get the Wing back on the road - still have some final work to do on the rear suspension, and it is low on the priority list right now.

On the ADVRider forum, we're making plans for a get together for some BBQ at Cantwell next weekend, if you'd like to meet some non-Wing riders from Anchorage and Fairbanks (and places in between) c'mon along. I'll post details if anyone is interested.

Hope to get in some longer rides within the state this summer. Promised my cousin I'd take her down to Homer on the Wing, and she hasn't started nagging me, but she has reminded me a time or two. ;)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Going on a trip

Hi Jeff sorry you have to leave the bike a home but understand theres not much riding in king cove:shrug:
Hey Ken!!!

·
Registered
197 Posts
One more checking in. Took the old Kaw out couple of weeks ago and the Wing out last week. Drove the Wing and took my wife to Settlers Bay golf coarse for dinner last week. Beautiful view of the mountains.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I'm sure wishing I had something to ride here in King Cove.The weather has been the best I've ever seen for the last 9-10 days.
I hear ya Jeff! It has a exceptionally nice so far this spring.

I tell you what...I will put a few miles on mine today in your name. ;)
It is a little breezy right now, but there isn't a cloud to be seen anywhere

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'm sure wishing I had something to ride here in King Cove.The weather has been the best I've ever seen for the last 9-10 days.
Some day you might be able to ride clear over to Cold Bay (not that I can think of any reason you would want to :frown:)... as long as you can outrun the bears. :lol:

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
Some day you might be able to ride clear over to Cold Bay (not that I can think of any reason you would want to :frown:)... as long as you can outrun the bears. :lol:

It's not about the destination,it's about the ride!;)

That is getting to be a lot closer to becoming a reality.
I've been thinking about bringing a dual sport here.There is one guy in town with a Harley.

I don't think you ever told me what you were doing when you were out this way..

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wing-ding

Well guys its getting closer,will be leaving at the end of the month,going on an 8 week trip...dont know where all I will end up but always wanted to go to Deadwood Sd down through mid west will be in tulsa July 2-5 for Wing-Ding maybe pickup some stuff for the wing, see whats new, maybe a trailer??? Arkansas & texas to see my people hopefully it wont be to HOT!!!Roads wide open!!!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Well guys its getting closer,will be leaving at the end of the month,going on an 8 week trip...dont know where all I will end up but always wanted to go to Deadwood Sd down through mid west will be in tulsa July 2-5 for Wing-Ding maybe pickup some stuff for the wing, see whats new, maybe a trailer??? Arkansas & texas to see my people hopefully it wont be to HOT!!!Roads wide open!!!
I am jealous! :bow:

I hope your trip is nothing but a great story to tell.

Are you going to keep us up to date on your travels?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oyea

Ill try to post when i can, put some pictures up bought one of those mini acer pc...pickup my ct friday try to get it mounted going with the 205/60/16 really unhappy with the new Metzelers I just put on!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
I've been thinking about bringing a dual sport here.There is one guy in town with a Harley.
You'll be the one riding when it rains. :lol:

I don't think you ever told me what you were doing when you were out this way..
Working for the state. Back then I was maintenance foreman for the Aleutian Region School District. Had my office in Cold Bay, and the only time I got to King Cove was on my way to Belkofski, which I understand is abandoned now. Got some great photos of the inside of the Russian Orthodox church there. In every village up and down the chain they all said that the Belkofski church had the largest and best collection of icons from the old days. Some day I'll have to dig those photos out and put them into digital format as I've been saying for the last 10 years.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You'll be the one riding when it rains. :lol:

Working for the state. Back then I was maintenance foreman for the Aleutian Region School District. Had my office in Cold Bay, and the only time I got to King Cove was on my way to Belkofski, which I understand is abandoned now. Got some great photos of the inside of the Russian Orthodox church there. In every village up and down the chain they all said that the Belkofski church had the largest and best collection of icons from the old days. Some day I'll have to dig those photos out and put them into digital format as I've been saying for the last 10 years.
Ya,I will put on my Grunden's and deck boots and go for a ride!

You are correct,Belkofski is abandoned.When i started here in 1986,there were still two families living there,but they are gone now.
I know they brought the church bells froim the Orthodox church over here,but don't know about anything else.The church here is pretty run down.I think it's mostly the older people that attend,and they are dieing off.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts