GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So..I took the Wing down to Alverdton Ohio to have breakfast with my daughter, a 110 mile trip through mostly rural, south eastern Michigan. It was a balmy 63F when I left this morning and the trip to Alverdton was smooth, relaxing and quite uneventful.
The trip home? Well that took me nearly 6 hours~! I rode into Indiana, turned south and went to Auburn where I proceeded to head west. I made it to Defiance Ohio and turned North to wander my way back home. I put in 374 miles without incident. No parts fell off. My Run flat didnt go flat. No strange noises, ghost shifting, monkey butt, or the heartbreak of psoriasis. No deer in the road, no stray cats or venomous ducks. I didnt drop the bike, the motor didnt lock up when I put in mid grade gas and things just went like they are supposed to go. A great day for a great ride..
Did I mention that the Wife is in Goedrich Ontario with her family for a few days? (A tornado leveled the town last week) I rode the day away, nearly 400 miles all by my lonsome..First time that has ever happened! The titanium 10 is used to 2 up riding. I think we both appreciated the break. The Wing and I that is..:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
How boring. Great wasn't it? Yesterday my girlfriend and I went a similar distance and pretty much the same thing happened. Nothing.

BTW, my GF is from Goderich too. Her family were there for a family reunion when the tornado struck. Fortunately they are all fine. It is no longer Canada's prettiest town. At least until it's cleaned up. Maybe they know each other (your wife and my GF, not her family, they already know each other).

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poutine..

How boring. Great wasn't it? Yesterday my girlfriend and I went a similar distance and pretty much the same thing happened. Nothing.

BTW, my GF is from Goderich too. Her family were there for a family reunion when the tornado struck. Fortunately they are all fine. It is no longer Canada's prettiest town. At least until it's cleaned up. Maybe they know each other (your wife and my GF, not her family, they already know each other).
I am sure your wifes family knows each other! The Wife has a cottage on Lake Huron in Grand Bend and the sister in law has lived in and around Goderich for 35 years. Wifes Niece is a cop who started in Grand Bend and is now in Kitchener..Maybe some one in my clan does know your wife..Will have to meet at the burger bar when they put it back together!

·
Registered
354 Posts
a good day when the wife is away

Thats exactly what I do when my wife is away for a day or two or even three. She cant understand why I hit the rd as soon as she is out of site. But she fusses when I ride off and leave her at home ??? She refuses to ride.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
I am sure your wifes family knows each other! The Wife has a cottage on Lake Huron in Grand Bend and the sister in law has lived in and around Goderich for 35 years. Wifes Niece is a cop who started in Grand Bend and is now in Kitchener..Maybe some one in my clan does know your wife..Will have to meet at the burger bar when they put it back together!
That would be great but she's not my wife. :22yikes: Don't give her any ideas. She is a sweetheart though. She's new to riding this year and absolutely loves it. We're going back to Goderich this weekend so she can hug her father, brothers, sister and children. It was hard on her being here knowing what was happening there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts