GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a difference in the regular all balls bearings and the Tapered Bearing from All Balls? I just want to make sure I get the right ones!!! Thanks!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Are there two part numbers to choose from?
I believe that if you go to any site to look up the part, you will only find one choice.
All Balls is the name of the company, not the type of bearing.

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Tapered. I didn't know they had any other kind of steering stem bearings.
:agree: If I remember correctly, all I did was order the all balls from the sponsor!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i wonder if there is a good reg roller bearing?i like a very light steering feel

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Stock ones are still working for me. Someday I might even take them out to lube them, or maybe even re-torque them.:nojoke:

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, Direct Line Parts has two different part numbers: ALL-221037 for the Tapered. And ALL-251381 for the other All Balls Bearings. So check it out! And give opinions please!!!!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,367 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Guy's!!! Now I feel better!!!! I knew someone would figure it out before me!!! :excited:
Thanks Again!!!

·
Registered
19,376 Posts
Get the ALL BALLS BEARINGS

·
Registered
7,616 Posts
Get the ALL BALLS BEARINGS
DITTO! :agree::agree:

i wonder if there is a good reg roller bearing?i like a very light steering feel
You won't lose that at all. Mine's quick or even quicker than stock... At first, you might, but after they "seat" no sweat they sweet!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
17,090 Posts
Properly installed and lubed the OE bearings are quite good. Japaneese bearings have quite a good reputation. The OE ball bearings just don't do much of a job acting as steering dampers. Still, I can agree with Waldo, you won't notice the resistance unless the installer gets too heavy on the torque.

prs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts