GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed the All Balls steering head bearings a few weeks back and then a couple of weeks ago I actually got out and put around 100 miles on the trike.

I had almost forgotten that I had replaced the headset bearings until I realized that the slow speed head shake was gone! I also believe that it is easier to turn now. (Not equipped with a rake kit)

I would say that the install takes more time than I think that it should, on the 06 and up you are supposed to remove the top shelter which I did not. The top triple clamp will not come out because of the anti theft device built into the meter panel bracket. I used my handy Dremel to remove the obstruction.

I strongly recommend the change and I am disappointed that Honda does not use tapered bearings from the factory.

Wayne

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Wayne, I had all balls installed and I have a 4.5 degree triple tree. It steers better, for sure. While I did not do the work, I watched my two friends do the work. I have an '02 and they took their time and made sure everything was okay. It seems like them two hours to do the job. I had 45K on the front brake pads so I had them put new one's on too. I was suprised how beat up they were...small rocks got between the pads and disc. The pads took a beating....Steers better..stops better..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts