GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where can you buy alley cat mufflers for a 1800.
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
12,963 Posts
Angus.... Ride over and get them from Maurice at MBL. Can't be that far from you. He's a few miles out of Morristown, Tn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaleey cats

Red it is over 500 miles.From me I live on the coast.
 

·
Chard Member
Joined
·
12,963 Posts
Re: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaleey cats

ANGUS said:
Red it is over 500 miles.From me I live on the coast.
That would be a hard day, but the weather has cooled! LOL... I thought I had seen a Elizabeth "something" around the NW end of NC. Guess not.

Give Maurice a call. He's recovering from a crash, so be easy on him. :( He's easy to work with.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
ANGUS I just bought a 2003 with Alley Cats on it. If you come through Jackson NC call me we might work out a trade. 252-534-1445 home or 252-578-9476 cell.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,823 Posts
red03trike said:
ANGUS I just bought a 2003 with Alley Cats on it. If you come through Jackson NC call me we might work out a trade. 252-534-1445 home or 252-578-9476 cell.
That sounds like a great deal!!!
Bring your liquid wrench and some heafty tools to break the factory allen bolts on the OEM clamps!!! I couldn't believe how long it took to remove the factory mufflers... :x
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,541 Posts
PunkinWing said:
red03trike said:
ANGUS I just bought a 2003 with Alley Cats on it. If you come through Jackson NC call me we might work out a trade. 252-534-1445 home or 252-578-9476 cell.
That sounds like a great deal!!!
Bring your liquid wrench and some heafty tools to break the factory allen bolts on the OEM clamps!!! I couldn't believe how long it took to remove the factory mufflers... :x
I sprayed a little WD-40 on the clamps (as recommended by Torqmaster instruction) on my '05. Bolts loosened right up, no problem.

I like the sound of my Torqmaster (Turndowns with Loopz and extra baffle).

Sound it almost as quiet as the OEM, but a definate and very enjoyable rumble to them. After listening to Yellow Wolf's Alley Cats, I probably would have liked those just as well, but I'm happy with what I have and no DRONE at highways speeds like I had with my five 1/2" hole OEM modification.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top