GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they that same?
I think I have read on this board that people have had or atcually see/heard them
Does anybody know the differences, is one bettter than the other as far as chrome quality and sound or performance?? Any suggestions would be great to go along with my new Bridgestones and "04 windshield. I will ask about oil and wax in my next thread. :shock:

Thanks for letting me pick your brains

MattILRed2002 :wink:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I do not have either on my bike but were thinking of buying them so I searched the site and came up with the following:

Alley Kat's are stainless steel not chrome. They are not as loud as Troq Masters and have a mellower tone.

Torq Master's are chrome plated they have a removeable baffle so you can still make them louder.

My money would have been on Alley Kats, but am going to stay stock for a while.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
pipes

I had the torquemonsters on my bike for about a week, sold them within 3 days. They are LOUD without the baffles, with the baffles you are back to stock so what's the point?
The pipes without baffles hurt my ears at 70mph. I sold them and took a pretty good loss. I would gamble on the alley kats. JD

·
Registered
131 Posts
I just installed the Alley Kats pipes. Really like the sound and looks. They are not obnoxiously loud but they have a great throaty sound to them. I like the fact that they are stanless steel too. They have the turn down version and a new style that is straight pipe out instead of the turndown. Should have a picture of them sometime this weekend. Good luck with whatever you decide.

kat
2003 Candy Red

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just bought a set of Alley Kats used on the GWRRA board and got them put on tonight. Havn't had a chance to try them on the road but they sound good it the garage. I also like the looks of them with the turn down.
Litnlennie :excited:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ally Kats

Is there a web site to review the Ally Kats?

·
Registered
824 Posts
Re: Ally Kats

Frisky said:
Is there a web site to review the Ally Kats?
http://www.mblinnovations.com/

Maurice LeBlanc (MBL Innovations) is the distributor for the Alley Kats. Maurice and his wife Brenda are quality, stand-up people. You'll enjoy doing business with them.

·
15 year Member
6,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all!!!

Looks like alley kats get the nod..... I will look forward to hearing them on my bike along with a '04 windshield!!!

Spring is almost here!!!

MattILRed2002 :wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.