GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we have been down this road before but I was wondering if anyone else had tried the alleykats or rode a wing with them on.
I had a 1500 with them on,it had a droneing type sound mostly in 3rd or 4th going uphill,also on a scale of 1 to 10 how much louder then stock.
Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

·
Chard Member
13,075 Posts
The only time I hear a drone with the Alley Kats is at certain speeds when I have to wear a faceshield in the cold or rain. If you wear a fullface it will affect you more than if you wore a 3/4 or half helmet.

If you have a tall windshield, that will affect the drone also. The tall shield just gives the sound something else to bounce off of.

I have at least 20,000 miles on mine and I really like them. :) This will probably be the first addition to my 2005 2200cc Wing! :D

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have them on my 2003 CR and I love them. Only got about 500 miles on them so far. They do have a slite drone as Red described but it isn't even loud enough to effect my listening to the radio over the outside speakers. It seams to cancel most of the wind noise which I find to be a plus. I went for a 200 mile plus ride today with my GWRRA chapter and they said they were quieter then they thought they would be. No objections from the guys riding behind even though the guy right behind me said he could hear them. I can now hear me bike running at freeway speed and it isn't as loud as my Dodge Dakota with a Flowmaster 50 series muffler in the cab. No complaints and they are deffinatly staying on. Glad I got them. :clap2:
Litnlennie

·
Registered
287 Posts
bugs13 said:
red you have proved my girl friend right
she keeps telling me....USE SUNSCREEN
I think poor Red needs more than SUNSCREEN. :chatter: I feel this guy's day's are numbered for riding a :rw1: . Anyway it was nice while he was a member of this great board. :yes:

:sun1: :rw1: :sun1:

·
Registered
131 Posts
AlleyKat

I really love my AlleyKat pipes. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give them I guess a 4 times louder then stock. I also listen to my radio on the outside speakers and I don't have any problems hearing them. I don't really have a droning sound. But they really sound sweet shifting thur the gears. My husband said they sound really good would I blow pass him.
I hope this has helped. Good luck with whatever you decide.

kat
2003 Candy Red

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I too, am interested in new pipes. What's the difference between Torq Monsters, & AlleyKats? And(a stupid question), what do you all mean by "drone"? The tax check cometh soon, & want to spend most of it on our new 04. Get your pen ready Hal, I'm gonna send some $$ your way soon.Thanks in advance for your comments.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts