GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I've been using the site for over 2 years...great quality mp3's at a great price.
Never had any problems at all!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Is it only MP3 that can be downloaded?

Can you do regular CD music?

I see a $10 minimum charge for credit card use. At 15 cent per song that would be 50 - 60 songs at a time.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don Swanburg said:

I see a $10 minimum charge for credit card use. At 15 cent per song that would be 50 - 60 songs at a time.

You can download MP3s' and make CD's out of them using many free programs.....even Windows Media Player has that capability. I've never used it tho....I use Music Match. I'm sure there are at least a dozen other free programs.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
deucalion said:
I've been using the site for over 2 years...great quality mp3's at a great price.
I use it at times, however, they may be shutting down their operations in the US.....just something to keep an eye on....... if you have money invested.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
n9frp said:
deucalion said:
I use it at times, however, they may be shutting down their operations in the US.....just something to keep an eye on....... if you have money invested.
I hope none of you ever have to deal with international copyright where you get the "short" end of the royalty (or NO $$$ at all for your work). Sandi / I got ripped off many years ago in South America because of the lack of support for international copyright law.

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Don Swanburg said:

You can download in a number of different formats... (MP3, OGG, etc.) and at different bit rates. The higher the bit rate, the more each song costs. As was said, you can burn those to audio CDs.

I buy songs one or two at a time with no problem. You "fund" your account with a credit card. I.E., I put $50 in at one time. When that runs low, I put in more.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
ShaneStump said:
I hope none of you ever have to deal with international copyright where you get the "short" end of the royalty (or NO $$$ at all for your work). Sandi / I got ripped off many years ago in South America because of the lack of support for international copyright law.
Hi Shane,

I hope that AllOfMP3.com is a different story. They claim to be operating in full compliance with Russian law and that they are paying two different licensing organizations in Russia (similar to our RIAA and ASCAP I think it is... one for the music and singers, the other for the songwriters.)

An interesting way to look at it would be a scenario where Russia decided that the US should place higher royalties on music sold at the Apple iTunes store and other online music stores.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Think of it this way; Someone steals a CD from Walmart and then sells it to a pawn shop, where you buy it. Or, better, yet, the guy who owns the pawn shop steals the CD and then sells it to you.

The reason that Russia has shut this down is that they (allofmp3.com) ain't paying anyone for the music. In order for Russia to get into the WTO they had to shut these thieves down.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
LVWolfman said:
ShaneStump said:
Hi Shane,

I hope that AllOfMP3.com is a different story. They claim to be operating in full compliance with Russian law and that they are paying two different licensing organizations in Russia (similar to our RIAA and ASCAP I think it is... one for the music and singers, the other for the songwriters.)

An interesting way to look at it would be a scenario where Russia decided that the US should place higher royalties on music sold at the Apple iTunes store and other online music stores.
What they are "claiming" probably isn't true to the actual companies / artists whose copyrighted material is being sold (why else would they have been shutdown)?

Best Regards,

Shane

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, they're not shutdown as of yet. I just posted this as a reminder, that if you have credit with them on file.......get your downloads ASAP. :!:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts