GL1800Riders Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I live in S.C. but can’t really say about Allstate since left them many years ago. I’ve been with State Farm for many years now and had several claims that were handled quickly with very little hassle.
As stated earlier, insurance is basically a rip off no matter who you have it with.
Don‘t know if that helps, but food for thought anyway.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've had 2 experiences with Allstate but not as a customer. Both involved accidents where the other party was at fault. The first one was so obvious that even Stevie Wonder would see that their client was 100% at fault. I decided to let them handle the claim. Big mistake! They had me come in and give a statement about my side of accident. They tried to twist it around making me at fault and denied coverage to cover the damages. I then filed through my company, State Farm. Ended up getting the damages fixed along with my deductible refunded, no ding on my record, and they went after Allstate for reimbursement. This ended up wasting a lot of time where my vehicle could have been getting fixed instead of going through administrative BS.

Second time, a drunk hit my parked car and took off. He ended up getting tracked down pretty quickly and turns out he too had Allstate. This time I filed right away with my insurance. Again, everything taken care of and deductible refunded shortly after. But this time I went for the jugular and went after Allstate for diminished value. At first they claimed they dont pay for diminished value but I kept after them. I finally ended up with them settling and paying me a nice chunk of change extra.

So my point is, that Allstate instead of stepping up to the plate and handling claims appropriately and doing the right thing will do whatever they can to make it as miserable as they can on claims processing...
Mike, I had the exact same thing happen to me with an insurance company ... I think it was Allstate but I am not confident enough to say that was, as this event was 8 years ago, so I will stop short of that.

My conservation with what seemed like someone who was hired to "rough up" a non-customer filing a claim against their insured party ended with "well, it sounds like you need to learn how to keep better control of your vehicle." I kept my cool. In retrospect, I think that is a tactic utilized to set up complainants to lose their temper and say something self-incriminating.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts