GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

I just picked up my 51st motorcycle and words almost are not enough to show my expression. I picked it up Saturday and now 5 days later and 800 miles on it I just can not believe how taken I am with it. It has the best ride of any bike I have ridden, Seat is good, pegs are good, windshield is good. I have never had a bike that all or part of those did not need changed. I understand it will not be that way for everyone but then the only one that matters here is me. and for me it is perfect. the DCT is taking a little getting use to after 50 years of using my left hand and left foot and now (HUH) pay attention son you do not need to use them. Apple play works great I can have (but I am sure why) but can have the nav map, apple map, and goole map all pointing me to somewhere. ......crazy. voice commands work great, send text read text ect WOW. I keep wishing it was not the first of December in Colorado and that I could ride more. rode it today and again it is a work of art. AMAZING. Honda took a while to update the wing and I believe they hit it out of the park with this one. I am sure there will be some issues but all in all I just can not believe how impressed I am with it. It has taken me from I could ride the bike today..... oh well I will just the car, back to boy I am excited to take the bike today and go somewhere or nowhere just for a ride.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I just picked up my 51st motorcycle and words almost are not enough to show my expression. I picked it up Saturday and now 5 days later and 800 miles on it I just can not believe how taken I am with it. It has the best ride of any bike I have ridden, Seat is good, pegs are good, windshield is good. I have never had a bike that all or part of those did not need changed. I understand it will not be that way for everyone but then the only one that matters here is me. and for me it is perfect. the DCT is taking a little getting use to after 50 years of using my left hand and left foot and now (HUH) pay attention son you do not need to use them. Apple play works great I can have (but I am sure why) but can have the nav map, apple map, and goole map all pointing me to somewhere. ......crazy. voice commands work great, send text read text ect WOW.

Texting while driving is illegal in Wisconsin. Should be EVERYWHERE!

·
Registered
794 Posts
I must agree that the latest model is a work of art. Even though I, unlike you had to make some changes as was the case with the past Gold Wings also. I needed the handle bar risers, the highway pegs, plus the modulated head lights, & garage door opener. However, having said that, I can't keep the smile off my face every time I let the DCT run through the gears. :serious: :smile2: :grin2:

·
Registered
808 Posts
Want some more good news? Ok, here goes... it just keeps getting better and better as you get used to it! Congrats on your purchase, you made a very wise choice!

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Congrats on your new scoot. You realize this thread is worthless without pictures though, right? :grin2::grin2:

Edit: Thanks for posting pics! Excellent color choice :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I agree. Once you get used to the DCT (and even beofre then!) it's a truly wonderful bike. I really find it hard to believe that a 800+ lb bike can feel so lithe and nimble. The steering, engine, brakes, suspension and gearing are just so good, the whole package feels telepathic.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts

I just picked up my 51st motorcycle and words almost are not enough to show my expression. I picked it up Saturday and now 5 days later and 800 miles on it I just can not believe how taken I am with it. It has the best ride of any bike I have ridden, Seat is good, pegs are good, windshield is good. I have never had a bike that all or part of those did not need changed. I understand it will not be that way for everyone but then the only one that matters here is me. and for me it is perfect. the DCT is taking a little getting use to after 50 years of using my left hand and left foot and now (HUH) pay attention son you do not need to use them. Apple play works great I can have (but I am sure why) but can have the nav map, apple map, and goole map all pointing me to somewhere. ......crazy. voice commands work great, send text read text ect WOW. I keep wishing it was not the first of December in Colorado and that I could ride more. rode it today and again it is a work of art. AMAZING. Honda took a while to update the wing and I believe they hit it out of the park with this one. I am sure there will be some issues but all in all I just can not believe how impressed I am with it. It has taken me from I could ride the bike today..... oh well I will just the car, back to boy I am excited to take the bike today and go somewhere or nowhere just for a ride.
Congratulations!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts

WOW! NO WHINING....Congrats on the new ride....it is a joy to ride!

Reactions: RickLB and laen

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
it is a 2008
fender extender
mp3 player
cb radio
fog lights
spoiler and light
usb power pocket and trunk
I think that is it.
the SO says wow it rides nice, she has not ridden it far yet. only had it home a couple days and it's not warm enough for her here now.
I put it on CL here local and it sold in 2 days. happy camper since it is the wrong time of year to sell. new owner is 5 miles away. gotta love it when a plan comes together

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
Congrats.

The bike i perfect in every way? Are you a 40 year old, 140 lb Asian? LOL

Reactions: Big Tom

·
Love The DCT
12,023 Posts
I just picked up my 51st motorcycle and words almost are not enough to show my expression. I picked it up Saturday and now 5 days later and 800 miles on it I just can not believe how taken I am with it. It has the best ride of any bike I have ridden, Seat is good, pegs are good, windshield is good. I have never had a bike that all or part of those did not need changed. I understand it will not be that way for everyone but then the only one that matters here is me. and for me it is perfect. the DCT is taking a little getting use to after 50 years of using my left hand and left foot and now (HUH) pay attention son you do not need to use them. Apple play works great I can have (but I am sure why) but can have the nav map, apple map, and goole map all pointing me to somewhere. ......crazy. voice commands work great, send text read text ect WOW.

Texting while driving is illegal in Wisconsin. Should be EVERYWHERE!

There are exceptions in the WI statutes. Take a look at WI Statute 346.89(3)(b)4. Here’s the link.

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/XIII/89?view=section

:doorag:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts