GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have attempted to contact Al's Motorcycle Accessories In Al for one week now. I called 3 times and left a message and I've sent 2 emails. Is this guy in business or is he just a guy working out of his garage when he feels like it. He has a nice hitch rack that I would buy if I could contact him. Any ideas from those that have bought from him?

http://www.alsmotorcycleaccessories.com/index.html

·
Registered
8,038 Posts
Is this guy in business or is he just a guy working out of his garage when he feels like it.

Yepp: That's what it says some where on the web site, he has a regular 9 to 5 job I think.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
called 3 times and left messages, both his main # and cell phone. maybe he's on vacation.

·
Registered
290 Posts
I talked with him yesterday said he was running about 3 weeks behind I tried his cell number and he answered right away. Never has answered my email though I would keep trying his cell phone for best results I think.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Last week I received a combination rack I ordered two weeks prior. I too had emailed and called both his home number and cell number with no response to any. When I ordered the rack, his web site indicated it may take 2 - 3 weeks to receive the order.....due to backlog of work. He's probably just quite busy, and although communication was lacking, he did meet his commitment to me. I have not had the opportunity to use the rack yet, but it does appear to be of good quality and best of all, I can now carry my golf clubs.

·
Registered
64 Posts
trader1

I finally got to talk to Al tonight about a trailer. He does work a day job and he builds trailer/racks at night. He said he was about 3 weeks behind as someone else had said

Al said that he is usually available to answer his phone between 8 and 9 CDT.

Sounds to me as he is a very busy man.:bow:

Larry

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I ordered a luggage rack from him. Took a few days to get a PayPal invoice with a note saying to expect 2-3 weeks delivery time. I ordered plenty early so I would have it in when I need it.

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Never met the gentleman and never heard of him or his products or services before, but my hat is off to him for his efforts to improve his (and his family ??) life through hard work and long days. That is what America is all about. Not the "sleep all day, cruise around all night, pants below the waist, I don't need no stinking job, you owe me" attitude of TOO many Americans.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Took a trip from Charlotte area to his home to meet him and look at his product a couple years ago. Top notch all the way. Glad to hear he is back logged means he is getting noticed.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Never met the gentleman and never heard of him or his products or services before, but my hat is off to him for his efforts to improve his (and his family ??) life through hard work and long days. That is what America is all about. Not the "sleep all day, cruise around all night, pants below the waist, I don't need no stinking job, you owe me" attitude of TOO many Americans.
I have worked 2 and 3 jobs up until I retired so I agree with what Rick has said. Al works a full time job and has health problems, so does his wife. He has made 2 racks for me and you will not find better fab work anywhere and at a reasonable price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts