GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I left Harrison by myself around 7:20 AM and ran into the same drizzle that Fred did just around Jasper. Rode in that really light rain at a safe and sane speed until Hot Springs and then broke out into sun until the Texas border near Hooks when I ran into a misty light rain. It would have been fine except for the *)&^^&%( 18-wheelers - they throw up a lot of scat and make seeing very difficult. That's O.K., they have a right to be there and Dalls couldn't exist without trucks bringing just about everything we consume into the city. Skeeter did just fine, never let me down for a second and just kept motoring along on cruise (yeah, I know, you're not supposed to use it in the rain).

It was a great time in Harrison. Friday I spent chasing Brian Black, Ed Sledge and a who bunch of other GL1800s and decided to wick it down considerably and rode with JD & Cathy, Eric and Charlie to War Eagle and the Pea Ridge Civil War battleground on Saturday. A great time with great weather - excellent company and they all put up with the scooter bit.

My thanks to Barry for his excellent organizational skills and to the donor for the oil filter - yeah, GWing filters fit the SWing. He tried to give me a cargo keeper, but that wouldn't work on the SWing. I thought the moment of silence for Ron Melton was a great touch, and Fred is right - we were missing a great riding buddy.

I trust everyone got home safe and sound. That was my prayer (which reminds me - thanks for saying grace at lunch Friday, Ed).

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Kerrville next Spring. Ride safe this winter!

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
65 Posts
Thanks, Bob but,
We had a great and blessed weekend so we all should say grace and thank the LORD every chance we get. I think about those that unknowingly rode on bald tires through those curves, now that was a BLESSING that no one was hurt. It also seems everyone made it home safe. What a great weekend!!!!!!!
We hit no rain after we left you until Hooks also. Wish you had rode on with us.

Edward

1 - 2 of 2 Posts