GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If one was to follow the posts regarding Cats-cade 2007 (also known as Last-cade), one would think there is only one thing to do in Liberty and Woodburne, NY. Now some of you would say, "What's your point?' My point is that not all of us are into Corona or whatever alcoholic beverage of your choice is available. Some of us would prefer to enjoy the company of others without the help of any kind of "stimulant." Having been at the first Cats-cade, but missed the second one, I know there are a lot of alternative things to do, such as ride the wonderful roads in that area (assuming you're not getting drowned!), hang out at Bulldog's and Meesh's place just to watch all the installations going on and just enjoy the company of people who like to do what you do - ride.

I don't want to throw a damp rag on any of the festivities, but as the "official greeter" for this here event, I don't want anyone to get the idea that I will be involved in any of the after-hours hijinks. That's just not my style. What I will be looking for is the company of like-minded folks who enjoy finding a good place to eat, conversation about our respective conveyances, rides we've been on, experiences we've had while on thse rides - all without the aid of alcoholic beverages. Shucks, I get high on Diet Coke - don't I Bulldog?

I'm not trying to diminish in any way what other folks want to do - just wanted to get the other side of the story out there.

Regardless, you better watch out for Wheels! He sounds dangerous going up and down the halls of the motel and turning corners pulling a one wheel wheelie.

Looking forward to seeing a bunch of you folks that I've met before and getting to meet folks I haven't.

Mesquite Bob

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
MB,

Thanks for the post. I will be in to hanging with folks and doing some good riding. There was so much rain last year that I did not get to check out very many of the roads, so I plan to spend much of my time during the day on the road, then hanging in the evening at the Park or in the parking lot at the Days Inn -- getting to know folks and talking about bikes and places to ride. Although I do enjoy a alcoholic beverage every now and then, I'm primarily a Diet Coke guy also -- that's how I stay so fit and trip -- you know, just a little guy like Toyo (heh-heh).

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
If you like to ride in the area you may want to try the following:

Rt 52 out of Woodbourne to Rt 17
Rt 17 up to Roscoe...stop for coffee at the Roscoe Diner
Rt 206 N into Downsville (nice ride)
Take Rt 26 out of Downsville up to Rt 10 (near Hawley)
Rt 10 into Delhi
Rt 28 out of Delhi to N Franklin then over the mountain to Oneonta

Stop at Brooks BBQ for lunch, the best chicken and ribs, very inexpensive

·
Thirsty Member
2,579 Posts
Bob.........thanks for the post..........the original thread was starting to get a mind of it's own..... :shock:

I agree - there are alot of cool things to do and see while attending CatsCade. Since you were not there this past year, :cry: I would like to clarify that all of the installations and modifications have moved from Dawg's house and have been relocated out at Fireman's Park.

Fireman's Park is the gathering spot to sit and mingle with other Board members, meet for group rides, tell tall tales, do a bit of fishing, bother the campers, etc..... 8)

CatsCade is not about drinking alcohol............it's about friendships and meeting other folks who share the same passion of the GL1800.

Once the bikes are put away for the day and the keys are locked in the rooms, then it's fun to sit around the campfire, or parking lot and tell the tall tales with a beverage of your choice.

Looking forward to seeing everyone !!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
We just went shopping, and enjoyed the areas different items. Tractor Supply around the corner always gets me in there! If we even get there this year, it may be in a car. Never enough room for the stuff we buy! Of course if we do, it will not rain at all. :?

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Bob, Good Post and I thank you for it.

Cats-Cade is all about Fellowship, How-To, and riding. As soon as CJ gets the Web site up (he is very close) your point will be most evident in the planned activities.

Every year, I start getting emails in Oct, wondering when are we going to be putting out info on Nextcade. I do not yield to the early requests as too early is just too early.

Cats-Cade has a little something for everyone. There are enough folks and activities to provide something for everyone.

All the posts about the Bar, Corona etc are just fun and memories of some. That is OK, as it is their Cats-Cade as well. We have a 100% record of folks having fun and finding their own corners. We do not plan on changing that direction one bit. Cats-Cade is here for all to enjoy, not just some.

On the other end of the spectrum, we have some very good Volunteers for all the events, that will help ensure that everyone is provided with the opportunities to have fun.

CJ-Webmaster

Hedo-Recorder

Admiral & ******* Dave-Camp Site / Fireman's Park/Registration

Pro Bono-Sat night BBQ

Mesquite Bob-Days Inn Greeter/Registration

Matt Sheehan-Recognition

Andy Pearson-Reverend at Large

And I am sure that we will have many to add as we go along. We are still 5 1/2 months away. I feel that we have, as a community have always kept Motorcycling, motorcycles and safety in the forefront.

Bulldog

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
If the good Lord is willing and the creek don't rise, I'm hoping to attend my first CatsCade this year.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and kicking some tires.

Dep

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
8)
I for one (between trash runs & checkin' for TP in the heads :wink: ) will be lookin' for the OCC trip and for the folks that have military base /installation stickers/decals I am lookin' forward to a return trip to West point over and down on the Hudson River/Bay.
The Admiral and I did it last year just us, the views and the entire area ooze history plus Army heritage. Bein' a retired Squid but havin' done many, many evolutions with the Army of One Bubbas through the years cause me to wonder about the place where their young Junior Officers get edumacted and why they need so much re-trainin' and head butts to get up to speed when out in the field or sandbox. :roll: :wink: :lol:
Just some places I'd like to see between taskin' from the Camp Queen and her checklists. :wink:
I usually only do a "Regular" Coke or Sweet Tea, havin' beeen a "quitter" for over 12 years now. 8)

Plus y'all know there's a Man Law about "Fruity Beer"?? Burt Reynolds, some wimpy WWE wrestler, Jimmy Johnson of hairspray fame and Jerome Bettis (Da Bus) state "No Fruit in Da Beer". :roll: :lol:
Then there's Hedo, CJS and others who want to make sure they don't get scurvy as they get more mature. :lol:

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
Besides....Hedo and CJ will NEVER share their beer! LOL

Don't even ask!

·
Registered
730 Posts
WINGMAN ::::::Boy do you speak the truth...Hedo still owes the wife a six pack from last year.....We will be going to collect from hedo plus interrest... :beer3:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
NJREF said:
If you like to ride in the area you may want to try the following:
..........the Roscoe Diner
................ Brooks BBQ for lunch, the best chicken and ribs, very inexpensive
You brought back some memories........... I used to patronize both places when I was on the road for my work. Brooks was started by a retired IBM'er; the place was featured by Rachael Ray on the FoodTV channel a few years ago. The Roscoe Diner has always been a favorite, too.

The ride up Route 10 past the reservoir is excellent; I always thought the ideal job would be working for NYPD (NYC owns that reservoir) patrolling that area. Some really nice folks are in the Deposit/Walton, NY area.

G

·
I'm with you Mesquite Bob. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Although I really didn't notice all the Coronas (since I went to bed at 10pm) until the next morning when I tried to get out the door and there were bottles piled up everywhere. :lol:

But there was plenty to do for everyone. We rode and talked and ate. Notact even gave me his strawberry cheesecake up at the Liberty Diner. Now there's a place with good food.

And I hope we go back to that Italian place Thursday. We haven't been banned from there have we Dawg? I've never seen such big portions of food. And the prices weren't bad either. Andy thought he'd just get a salad. HaHa - it was huge!

And it's only 4 1/2 months away. I can hardly wait. And Dawg, KYBLUE will be there on that beeyootiful new blue (of course) trike!

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Actually, I'm not a dangerious type guy at all. Having lost the fight with an 80 tun train at the age of six, you learn three very important things. One, always listen to mom, which is what I tell all the school kids that I vist with and have talked to during the years. Second, pick on something your own size, and third, life is VERY short, so enjoy it to the fullest. Learning to ride this bike a little over a year ago was/is the thrill of a life time. Last years event was my first ever long distance ride, and Goldwing event. Notmuch has come close since to the enjoyment that I had in meeting some great folks. Would have liked to have riden more, but I had a tire problem and thankfully I was able to get it taken care of while up there.

Rest easy in that the halls will be safe, as well as the roads, and the camp ground. While it might apear to be otherwise (while attempting to have some fun with a few), my time spent in stairwells is very far and few between. Espcially since I don't do steps. I tend to be light hearted, am quick with a smile, a handshake, and a joke. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
Thanks, Bob. I'm a Coke/Pepsi guy myself. I know there's a lot to do, and my list includes:

Helping and learning to install my Mertz 880s waiting in Dawg's garage;
Learning about installs of other goodies that I may wish to do later;
Meeting so many people from this board who I've come to admire and want to get to know;
Riding to OCC and possibly West Point;
Laugh; and
Stay dry.

See you Thursday night!

·
Registered
230 Posts
"
Actually, I'm not a dangerious type guy at all. Having lost the fight with an 80 tun train at the age of six, you learn three very important things. One, always listen to mom, which is what I tell all the school kids that I vist with and have talked to during the years. Second, pick on something your "own size, and third, life is VERY short, so enjoy it to the fullest. Learning to ride this bike a little over a year ago was/is the thrill of a life time. Last years event was my first ever long distance ride, and Goldwing event. Notmuch has come close since to the enjoyment that I had in meeting some great folks. Would have liked to have riden more, but I had a tire problem and thankfully I was able to get it taken care of while up there."
Wheels...You are a 1st class act and an inspiration to all. The first time I saw you was at last year's Cats-Cade. You had parked your bike way out in the parking lot, and wheel-chaired yourself, the whole way through the mud to the Fireman's Park Pavillian.....The whole time with a big smile on your face :D I surely look foward to meeting you again in June.

Todd & Dot

[/quote]

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Just to make it clear, I'm coming to ride:

I have over 200,000 lifetime miles -
11K on a CB650
70K on an 84 Wing
125K on a 95 Wing
Did 19 K last year on my new 06.

After the riding, a good dinner.

After that, tall tales & the beverage of your choice.

To keep it safe, just remember what Clint Eastwood said in Magnum Force: "A man's got to know his limitations."

·
Squating Member
7,056 Posts
And it's only 4 1/2 months away. I can hardly wait. And Dawg, KYBLUE will be there on that beeyootiful new blue (of course) trike!
Oh Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

Corona is nasty.

This is much better:
a man after my heart!!!!!!! :wink:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
CatsCade is a wonderful event, as you can tell from the posts. Everyone will have a GREAT time.
The Saturday night party was amazing. Soloquest had more talent than I could have imagined. The auction was fun. The vendors were personable and more than helpful.
I can't wait for June to get here!

Andy

1 - 20 of 20 Posts