GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Goldwing Tour in beautiful Blue
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought two used sets of Widder gear last summer. Tested them out with one controller that was included and everything works great. Vests, sleeves gloves. Problem is, I can't find a controller anywhere. Anyone know if it's possible to wire up a Gerbing controller to Widder gear without ruining one or the other?

Thanks
James

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
They did. That's why I am trying to find an alternative controller.

·
Registered
354 Posts
I bought two used sets of Widder gear last summer. Tested them out with one controller that was included and everything works great. Vests, sleeves gloves. Problem is, I can't find a controller anywhere. Anyone know if it's possible to wire up a Gerbing controller to Widder gear without ruining one or the other?

Thanks
James
Give Warm & Safe a try. They can usually help with gear and controllers.
http://www.warmnsafe.com/contact-us/

·
Premium Member
2010 & 2008, both ABS Full monte TRAXXION
1,848 Posts
Any 12 volt controller with a COAX connector should work. Unless you're hooking your gloves up to a dual wired jacket where the gloves and jacket are controlled separately, a single knob Gerbing controller will do the job for you. I've got one for $55 delivered if you need it.

Johnny S

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any 12 volt controller with a COAX connector should work. Unless you're hooking your gloves up to a dual wired jacket where the gloves and jacket are controlled separately, a single knob Gerbing controller will do the job for you. I've got one for $55 delivered if you need it.

Johnny S
Thanks! I'll let you know. My main concern was if it was possible right now. One of the sets I got is way to big for me but my neighbor could probably use them. Since he isn't really mechanically inclined, I'll probably need to wire them up for him and wanted to give him an idea of what it would cost. Alternatively, I might let him have the Widder controller and get myself one that will mount a little easier. The Widder controller is a bit awkward...

·
Premium Member
2010 & 2008, both ABS Full monte TRAXXION
1,848 Posts
I can include the leather holster with the spring clip with the controller for another 5 bucks. It's strong and clips nearly anywhere. Let me know when you're ready.

J S

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.