GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's 3:45am in Southern California and I couldn't sleep any longer, this getting old thing sure does create some odd sleeping hours every once in awhile...

Anywho...

I was wondering if anyone had come up with or seen a spindle that could bolt onto a Bushtec axle that would allow a pair of rear GL1800 wheels to be used in place of those skinny little wheels and tires Bushtec uses?

Might be a diameter issue, but maybe not. Too dark outside right to go measure the Bushtec tire diameter, Goldwing rear OEM is about 24.5"

Might even look good with a color matched Goldwing and trailer rig.... Chrome up the "new" trailer wheels... Throw a spare in the trailer and you got the trailer and the rear of the bike covered.

Seems like a great idea right now.. :thumbup:

OK Coffee is almost ready, Fresh ground Starbucks French Roast. Smells really good!
:coffee1:

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Ok.............so tonight, will you figure out if you would run the MT or BMT on the trailer? :p

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
It's 3:45am in Southern California and I couldn't sleep any longer, this getting old thing sure does create some odd sleeping hours every once in awhile...

Anywho...

I was wondering if anyone had come up with or seen a spindle that could bolt onto a Bushtec axle that would allow a pair of rear GL1800 wheels to be used in place of those skinny little wheels and tires Bushtec uses?

Might be a diameter issue, but maybe not. Too dark outside right to go measure the Bushtec tire diameter, Goldwing rear OEM is about 24.5"

Might even look good with a color matched Goldwing and trailer rig.... Chrome up the "new" trailer wheels... Throw a spare in the trailer and you got the trailer and the rear of the bike covered.

Seems like a great idea right now.. :thumbup:

OK Coffee is almost ready, Fresh ground Starbucks French Roast. Smells really good!
:coffee1:
Your first problem is that goofy trailer.You should of bought a trailer that has wheels that can be bought just about anywhere,So a spare as expensive as them wheels aren't even needed.!

I know a guy who could mill up a set of hubs if your not just sleep walking drunk right now.:eek:4:

I knew all along you had birth defects,and this don't help-
Fresh ground Starbucks French Roast
My advice to you is "Shut the dam pot off and go back to bed,Sounds like you need more rest!:nojoke:

:doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag:

·
Registered
19,309 Posts
Another ridiculous DS application. The Bushtec wheels get 25K plus and hug the road like a dream but then so do the MTs on a wing with a properly set up suspension

·
Registered
396 Posts
Your heavy eyes were imparing your thought processes. I'm sure this will pass after a little more sleep.​

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My advice to you is "Shut the dam pot off and go back to bed,Sounds like you need more rest!:nojoke:

:doorag::doorag::doorag::doorag:
Rocky, Great advise from someone answering my questions at 4:00am! :lol:

Hey Laen, You already Grumpy at this early hour (Even for Texas)?

This isn't a performance upgrade, although I think even a OEM Dunlop would be tougher than the currently available Non-6ply tires from Bushtec.

More of a cosmetic change just because I want to and rear GL1800 Wheels and tires are available cheap....

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
Another ridiculous DS application. The Bushtec wheels get 25K plus and hug the road like a dream but then so do the MTs on a wing with a properly set up suspension
Toss that Dunce cap out will you-Were did you read the OP said a word about using anything but a stock 1800 wheel/tire on his trailer.
He just don't care for the current wheels that people are forced to buy tires from bushtec.Why not change them so he can get trike take off's at a more reasonable price and use the spare wheel on a wing if it ever gets a unrepairable flat while on the road.:shrug:

I swear sometimes I think you kick your dog just to hear him bark.:wrong:

Rocky, Great advise from someone answering my questions at 4:00am! :lol:

Hey Laen, You already Grumpy at this early hour (Even for Texas)?

This isn't a performance upgrade, although I think even a OEM Dunlop would be tougher than the currently available Non-6ply tires from Bushtec.

More of a cosmetic change just because I want to and rear GL1800 Wheels and tires are available cheap....
I was up at 3:10.I don't sleep in like you.:wrong: :a13:

·
Registered
629 Posts
Rocky,
You're just an East Coast guy at heart since 3:10 pacific is 6:10 eastern. And Paul, you overslept - till 6:45.....:thumbup:

·
Registered
5,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Rocky,

We should start a GL1800 - CB900C owners Page!

Ignore the Fat Boy, It was a rental to scratch my Harley itch that weekend...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts