GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to change oil and filters on DCT and surprised at price for the smaller filter - HONDA part# 15412-MGS-D21. I am curious if any of the K&N filters are a good substitute and don't know if KN-113 is the replacement. I see a replacement on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/TC-Motor-154...MTETC4YERH2&psc=1&refRID=VJM8WFA33MTETC4YERH2 and wonder if anyone has had any issues with this brand. Considerably less money.
Thanks in advance.

·
Love The DCT
12,021 Posts
Unless I missed something, I didn’t see any KN-113 cross reference to the Honda DCT filter on K&N’s website.

:doorag:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
K&N doesn't show any replacement but KN-113 shows up on Amazon when searching for 15412-MGS-D21 so I wondered if it might have been used as a successful replacement.

The brand TC (above link) shows a replacement but no reviews and I haven't heard of this brand.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I order a HiFlo HF117 for the DTC filter.

Reactions: ShanghaiDan

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I purchased a two pack of these filters (15412-MGS-D21) less than a year ago for $12.59 on Amazon, shipping included. Today they are $11.59 each. This is excessive. I found another place on Amazon that sell for $7.01 plus $4.50 shipping. I purchased 3 and the shipping went up approx. $.25 for the next two, for a total of $25.79 for 3 or $8.60 each.
I was tempted to buy the TC brand.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I order a HiFlo HF117 for the DTC filter.
I also ordered 91356-MW0-003 O-ring for the filter cover. It fits tighter than the OEM ring for the cover. It is a fork cap O-ring for the previous model.

Reactions: Art H.

·
Registered
16,984 Posts
WIX has not cross reference and that seems to knock NAPA off the list too.
At Amazon, you can enter your bike model and search for parts that "they say" will be compatible. There is a K&N so denoted there. Order and compare. I will let you guys experiment and then consider.....

prs

·
Registered
506 Posts
I noticed the one the OP posted from Amazon has about twice the number of (fins or blades) or whatever you want to call them. Not sure if the increased surface area would be a positive or negative as I did not design the DCT so I have no idea. At less than 8 bucks for the OEM filter, I would just get the recommended filter. It's not like you need to change it often.

Reactions: Kenichi

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
I find the Honda part 15412-MGS-D21 for sale on several online OEM parts sites for about $8.

Spending 23-25 large and then $8 every 16,000 miles is too much?

Try this, it works for me. I go to the local Honda dealer and tell the parts guy I can buy them all day long online for $8 and ask if they will match it. They do and charge me $7.97 plus $2 shipping. If I jaw about the $2 they relent and I buy it for $7.97.

·
Registered
8,749 Posts
Getting ready to change oil and filters on DCT and surprised at price for the smaller filter - HONDA part# 15412-MGS-D21. I am curious if any of the K&N filters are a good substitute and don't know if KN-113 is the replacement. I see a replacement on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/TC-Motor-154...MTETC4YERH2&psc=1&refRID=VJM8WFA33MTETC4YERH2 and wonder if anyone has had any issues with this brand. Considerably less money.
Thanks in advance.
What.... You cant pony up $8 for an OEM Honda filter. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What.... You cant pony up $8 for an OEM Honda filter. :laugh:
It was that the price on Amazon almost doubled in less than a year. I looked further and found another supplier and by purchasing 3, I was able to get the price down to $8.60 which is still excessive but not so much that I didn't purchase. Glad some don't have to worry about money but I do watch what I spend.

·
Registered
19,256 Posts
BUY THE HONDA FILTER

In Wing World there was an article recently showing how crappy some of the filters were(non Honda)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts