GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Use a mike from an old Hondaline head set and cut off the speakers. Listen thru the bike speakers. I dont use it all the time but keep it with me in case I have a helmet on that does not have the head set installed. Just have to lean in a little when talking. I am told by my riding buddies it works great. Sounds as good or better than headset mount.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
laeddog11

Great idea. I played around some with using an inexpensive boom computer mic. It's microphone design required a small bias voltage which I choose to take from the bikes 12 volt system. I really didn't want to use a seperate battey for the bias because of battery failure and replacement at the worse time. The problem with the bikes 12 volts was that it was produced alternator whine in the intercom that I couldn't get rid of.

Could you post a close up photo of the mount ?

G

·
[email protected]@@

I was thinking the same thing.....

Use a mike from an old Hondaline head set and cut off the speakers. Listen thru the bike speakers. I dont use it all the time but keep it with me in case I have a helmet on that does not have the head set installed. Just have to lean in a little when talking. I am told by my riding buddies it works great. Sounds as good or better than headset mount.

·
Registered
775 Posts
the creative minds on this board never cease to amaze me. thats cool as h*ll:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very good idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts