GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for in alternative to J & M audio system interface for my GL 1800. I am using a J & M Interphase that is no longer sold or supported by J & M, therefore I am unable to get a technical support for that product.
The Zumo 665 came with a motorcycle wiring kit. What I need is the interface between that wiring kit and the GL 1800 sound system. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful thank you for your help.

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
Have you considered eliminating the Wings audio from the loop and going with Bluetooth, like the Sena SMH10?

·
Registered
835 Posts
I am looking for in alternative to J & M audio system interface for my GL 1800. I am using a J & M Interphase that is no longer sold or supported by J & M, therefore I am unable to get a technical support for that product.
The Zumo 665 came with a motorcycle wiring kit. What I need is the interface between that wiring kit and the GL 1800 sound system. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful thank you for your help.
The mount that came with my 665 connected right to the bike using the Aux port in the left pocket.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would like to start by thanking you for your help, the question I do have if I connect the 665 directly to the accessory jack. How will all the other functions operate?. For example the CB override, the thumb drive music ?. if u have done this past please give me a call, cell# 712 592 0966

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I would like to start by thanking you for your help, the question I do have if I connect the 665 directly to the accessory jack. How will all the other functions operate?. For example the CB override, the thumb drive music ?. if u have done this past please give me a call, cell# 712 592 0966
Either go with blue tooth setup or contact [email protected] Jon will fix you up with whatever you need to put the audio into the intercom circuit so all your audio functions as you want it to.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
I see a website, but I thought they had gone out of business.
Jon is still making interfaces. I just got one from him. you just have to email him and explain what GPS you have and what you want to do with it. ie. just have alerts or alerts and ability to make phone calls via blurtooth through gps..or gps/radar detector alerts, whatever....

of course if you just want alerts you could get the holisco group interface...

http://goldwingdocs.com/Store/Goldwing-GPS-Audio-Input.asp

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Here's Jon's email address: [email protected]

He was very helpful to me when i hooked up my 665. I had an old cell set (from a 2820) that, with advice from Jon, I hooked up to the 665's own connectors. I'm sure he can fix you up with the right wiring, and instructions on how to connect it to the bike's system.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Connecting Zumo to goldwing

I would like to thank everybody for their help with my problem connecting a Zumo 665 to my GL 1800.
I've decided to use my old existing J&M system, everything seems to be working except I'm getting a buzzing noise in the headsets.
I have ordered a loop ground extender hoping that will solve that problem.

Once again I like to thank everybody for there help and all the suggestions,

1 - 10 of 10 Posts