GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posted before,,, my 02 with 58,000 had bad bearing rattle in alternator... I ordered the new aftermarket unit for 170.00,,,,, it had more rattles that the old unit.......... Hal has the sale on this weekend,,, I order new Honda alternator and received yesterday..... Put it on and wow,,,, no more rattle... Glad that over......

Now some may call me a liar,,, but this is the truth,,, I have replaced this unit several times in the last week........... I did the install from pulling out the old unit and putting new back in and running in 27 minutes..... I am getting good at this,,, but hopefully,,,, done for a while,, ha ha........ Bob

·
Registered
267 Posts
Glad you got it sorted out, 27 minutes might be a guinness book of world record.

·
Vendor
18,702 Posts
Keep us posted if it stays that way. Nothing beats the quality of OEM. I won't even buy my headlamp bulbs from WalMart ... but that is me. I'm willing to pay more for a higher quality standard.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Model Number of the Alternator?

Posted before,,, my 02 with 58,000 had bad bearing rattle in alternator... I ordered the new aftermarket unit for 170.00,,,,, it had more rattles that the old unit.......... Hal has the sale on this weekend,,, I order new Honda alternator and received yesterday..... Put it on and wow,,,, no more rattle... Glad that over......

Now some may call me a liar,,, but this is the truth,,, I have replaced this unit several times in the last week........... I did the install from pulling out the old unit and putting new back in and running in 27 minutes..... I am getting good at this,,, but hopefully,,,, done for a while,, ha ha........ Bob
Bob, I cannot find the alternator on Hal's site. What is the model number? Honda OEM does not show it.

Best wishes,
Steve V.

·
Registered
283 Posts
"02 Complete Assy 31100-MCA-700

"08 Complete Assy 31100-MCA-A61

"08 actually prices about $8 lower than "02 (307-299)

Try searching by part number to see if you can pull up the alternator.

Hope that helps.

Ronnie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts