GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
A battery and charging system test always starts with a battery test 1st. But before that can be done the connections at the battery need to be inspected. Once the battery test good, then you can test the charging system. It takes a good battery to excite an alternator.
I called and talked to Greg this morning about my boyfriend’s alternator for his gold wing and he’s the business! He’s knows so much and very knowledgeable. He pointed me in the right direction. Thanks Greg! You Rock!!

·
Administrator
4,350 Posts
11 year-old thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Capt. Bob

·
Vendor
19,746 Posts
I called and talked to Greg this morning about my boyfriend’s alternator for his gold wing and he’s the business! He’s knows so much and very knowledgeable. He pointed me in the right direction. Thanks Greg! You Rock!!
It was nice talking to you, and hopefully your husband/boy-freind will make good choices about his Wing. Feel free to call anytime.

·
Love The DCT
12,727 Posts
gary4565 said:
alt voltage

My 01 reads over 14v on my battery bug unless im at idle with brake modulator flashing, then it drops below 14. You can see some flicker in the headlights at idle, but no other time. Original alternator with 75K.
Make sure your starter button switch is clean.
Hopefully gary4565 will read your post. He hasn't been on the forum since Nov. 7, 2015

21 - 26 of 26 Posts