GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2006 Aluma MCT (not XL) from a local dealer today. He had a used one on the floor. I wasn't really looking but had seen some threads of folks who really like them.

I paid $995 (plus the various taxes and fees for plate etc). Out the door was $1178.

It has carpet, an interior light and it looks like added LEDs on the back of the fender and a side light on top of the fender. Looks to be in great shape.

Based on your experiences did I get a decent deal ?

Thanks

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think you got a great deal. I have an Aluma and love the trailer. I bought a Bustec hitch. I hope you enjoy the trailer and welcome to the tralier club.

Drumz
02 Illusion Red Wing (in honor and memory of my Dad)
:congrats::biker:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I thought it was a decent deal.

I bought a cartop carrier trailer (the harbor freight type) last year but found that with the clam shell design it was difficult to pack it utilizing all the space. Also the way the lid opened stuff in the back was hard to get to. In addition you couldn't put anything on top.

Anyway, the old trailer is for sale. If anyone is in or near eastern NC I will let it go for $350.00 for board members. I am going to post it on Craigslist for $450.00.

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diesel Dawg,

I thought it was a decent deal. I see your in Clinton. I am near Tarboro. We need to hook up for a ride soon.

Gary

·
Registered
855 Posts
I purchased a 2006 Aluma MCT (not XL) from a local dealer today. He had a used one on the floor. I wasn't really looking but had seen some threads of folks who really like them.

I paid $995 (plus the various taxes and fees for plate etc). Out the door was $1178.

It has carpet, an interior light and it looks like added LEDs on the back of the fender and a side light on top of the fender. Looks to be in great shape.

Thanks
yer lucky ya got there first, pal!

·
Banned
2,620 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Great trailer, great price, and already has the carpet installed:thumbup:
You ought to be ashamed of yourself for taking advantage of that dealer:wrong:
Ride safely,
Alex

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Aluma

I gave that for a 05 last yr and it had no carpet. Yes, that was a good deal for sure.

·
Trained Killer Member
1,533 Posts
PM sent! :congrats: on the new trailer...helluva deal Buddy!

·
Registered
222 Posts

Thanks
Sounds like you got a great deal!!

Leonard
Thomas Bus Sales, Inc.
Des Moines, Iowa
800-362-2092

1 - 13 of 13 Posts