GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new (never towed) '08 MCTXL. I got it for $995 so I think I got a good deal. The place I bought it from is located in central California and they are closing their doors in a couple months. They have a white '08 and a a silver (year unk) MCTXL left for the same price. If you are interested, I can send you their #.

I need to get a hitch and looking for recommendations. I have a '07 Airbag and also need to know what other things I will need. Will the bushtec hitch (V2 deluxe) work?

I know there is plenty of information on this forum and need to do some research. I also know there are only 3 hitches that attach to the main frame and am only interested in these. Any recommendation would help.

Thanks
Ted

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
I just bought a new (never towed) '08 MCTXL. I got it for $995 so I think I got a good deal. The place I bought it from is located in central California and they are closing their doors in a couple months. They have a white '08 and a a silver (year unk) MCTXL left for the same price. If you are interested, I can send you their #.

I need to get a hitch and looking for recommendations. I have a '07 Airbag and also need to know what other things I will need. Will the bushtec hitch (V2 deluxe) work?

I know there is plenty of information on this forum and need to do some research. I also know there are only 3 hitches that attach to the main frame and am only interested in these. Any recommendation would help.

Thanks
Ted
Ted.Could you PM me there address and phone number.I know poeple who are looking for a trailer.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts

Thanks
Ted
Ted Please PM me their Phone # I could use the White one. The Buschtec is one of the best, that is what I have. There are 3 levels the cheapest is just the Hitch the middle has be isolation harness (must have) and the highest includes the mud flap I think you need the mud flap but that will be argued by some. If it is the 08 Pearl White I could use the trailer.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts

Thanks
Ted
You think you got a good deal!!!! :?::?: Hell man, you should be imprisioned for theft!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I did get a good deal

To many requests so here you go.

SOUTH VALLEY TRAILERS
831-638-9300

They are located in Hollister. Here is the add they had on Craigslist.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1077328554.html

The $1200 is for the trailer 1 size larger than the MCTXL. In my opinion, too big for towing behind a bike. Just tell them you are interested in the small motorcycle trailer. It is the XL.

If you decide to call, tell them Ted from Reno sent you.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I would like to have one, but can't afford it. Isn't that the way it goes? You have the money, but not the product or you have the product and not the money!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
South Valley Trailers is another victim of the economy. After 15 years, their doors will close in June. They are trying to liquidate all their inventory. It's not a happy ending for them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I talked to Southern Valley this morning. They said the MCT was $995 and the MCTXL is $1200. That it is not a bad price but I don't want to ride 4000 miles for that, if it would have been $995 I would already be on the road.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I talked to Southern Valley this morning. They said the MCT was $995 and the MCTXL is $1200. That it is not a bad price but I don't want to ride 4000 miles for that, if it would have been $995 I would already be on the road.
You best get packed. I was told the same and very confused. You won't believe how big the $1200 ( large) trailer is.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
You best get packed.
They best be calling with the price. The Lady said they would have no trouble selling them for $1200. I wish she had sold it for that price it would give me a good excuse for the ride.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They best be calling with the price. The Lady said they would have no trouble selling them for $1200. I wish she had sold it for that price it would give me a good excuse for the ride.
Rich,

Sandy is a good lady. I would suggest you have them send you a pic of the $1200 trailer (if they can). Also have them take a pic of the mfr sticker on what they call the small trailer (MCT?).

Ted

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Rich,

Sandy is a good lady. I would suggest you have them send you a pic of the $1200 trailer (if they can). Also have them take a pic of the mfr sticker on what they call the small trailer (MCT?).

Ted
Do you think she is wrong on the size? The XL has 4 CF more than the other one. I guess you could tell a difference in size by looking at them. I used your first name and she remembered you from last week but she said you got the small one, she may have been defending her price. I will call her back and see what she says.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you think she is wrong on the size? The XL has 4 CF more than the other one. I guess you could tell a difference in size by looking at them. I used your first name and she remembered you from last week but she said you got the small one, she may have been defending her price. I will call her back and see what she says.
YES on the wrong size!! I guess that's what I'm trying to explain. Mine is definately a MCTXL.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
OK I just talked to the Owner and he said the prices Quoted are correct. He said it is possible there was a mistake made on yours. I told him I was riding from the East Coast and asked him if he could make another mistake but he said no and acted like I was crazey for riding all the way out there. Oh well I have been called worse.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I do not doubt for a minute you got the Xl for that. They could have made a mistake, they may have decided to make a little more on the trailer. I think you got a good deal and appreciate you putting that deal out there for others of us looking for a deal also. Since he is closing in June he may come back down but he may have just gotten so many calls he thought he could get another $200 per trailer

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I did not see any MCTs on their lot.
He might be the crazy one. He says he has 2 XL and the others are MCT. It is not worth a 4000 mile round trip to find out. Actually I was going to use it as an excuse to go on out and ride the PCH.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts