GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering about common problems or any problems you've had with your Aluma.

Looking for a good quality, medium priced tow-behind and these look like they could do the trick.

Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
I've had my Aluma for 5 years and towed it more then 60,000 miles.
No problems. Replaced tires at about 40,000 miles. Added carpet to the inside plus a few little tweaks and personal touches.
"Don't even know it's back there."
It's been great.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
I bought my aluma last January from a board member in FL. Inside was already carpeted and it came with a Coleman stainless cooler.

I've pulled it about 2500 miles so far w/o a problem. Other than additional stopping distance you dont know it's back there.

I'd buy another one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I have a 2009 Aluma and not one single problem with it in over 20,000 miles of towing it. Very happy with this trailer and tows and handles the road just great :thumbup:

·
Registered
624 Posts
Aluma

I have a 2006 Aluma MCTXL. It has carpeted interior. It is like the Eveready
Bunny, it just keeps going and going. Pulls great, great space, flat top can be use to carry stuff or as a table at rest stops. :thumbup:

I have no reason to spend more $$ for cosmetics, when the Aluma does it's job so well.:agree:

You will not be disappointed. Ride safe and God Bless.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
I've had 2 problems with mine. When using the key to lock, it doesn't really lock. Need adjustment. And when I tow it, it's an XL, it's never big enough.

Great trailer.

·
Registered
643 Posts
The biggest problem I have had so far with it is it holds too much cargo and my wife packs way to much !! Other than that it is a great trailer for the price.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys - I really appreciate the responses.

All I've heard is good - just wanted to hear from some guys on a board I'm familiar with.

There are a few places up here locally (within a couple of hundred miles) that have models on the floor.

These models:

Not these models:

Which hitch are you guys partial to? No car tire here.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a MCTXL - just got back from a weeklong trip through the Black Hills - trailer handled great - pretty much as everyone else says, you hardly notice it behind you. For the price and quality, it's hard to beat!

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Thanks guys - I really appreciate the responses.

All I've heard is good - just wanted to hear from some guys on a board I'm familiar with.

There are a few places up here locally (within a couple of hundred miles) that have models on the floor.

These models:

Not these models:

Which hitch are you guys partial to? No car tire here.
I have been using a Kury hitch for 5 years and no problems with it either. But you know how that goes to each his own but I am happy with the kury hitch:thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have been using a Kury hitch for 5 years and no problems with it either. But you know how that goes to each his own but I am happy with the kury hitch:thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks brother - all input is appreciated and I'll read and try to get smart on the Kury. What other quick advice can you give me on the hitch?

I can drag pegs all day but don't really see the point as I can get around the corners just as fast without - does your lean angle impact your hitch?

·
Registered
128 Posts
I've got the Rivco and like it a lot...Looks good, conceals when off the bike (reflector covers the hole). Mount is very solid!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I had a huge problem with mine lately....it just sits there...idle...collecting dust....going nowhere....can't wait until the Mrs. retires!!!:roll::roll::roll:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts