GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Anyone familiar with an Alumatech cargo trailer? It looks like the Aluma MCT. Aluminum diamond plate with color paneled sides & rear.
The one that I think you are talking about is made in China, has a1/5 warranty of Aluma and I have heard some of talking about rust developing rather fast. Have no idea who would back up the warranty, if bought on the Ebay, where I saw it advertized. I think you get what you pay for in this case. Just my humble opinion. I would pay a little more and get an Aluma...they back their products and Thomas Bus is great to deal with for sales and afterwards, if needed. I have a 7 yr old Aluma, and I see no reason it will not be just as good in another 7-10 years.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I saw something in Dallas/Fort Worth Craig's list that looked like an Aluma. I do not know what it is, but it is built different in a way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aluma

I have an aluma trailer, and have pulled it around for almost 15,000 miles and it works great!!! Getting it painted this month to match both bikes.

·
Registered
609 Posts
trailer

"I have heard some of talking about rust developing"

I have never seen aluminum rust.........???????

And......the trailers on E bay (americsbesttrailers) are made in SC.

I have no connection other than I have one

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
"I have heard some of talking about rust developing"

I have never seen aluminum rust.........???????

And......the trailers on E bay (americsbesttrailers) are made in SC.

I have no connection other than I have one
I am not sure the AlumaTech trailers are 100% Aluminum, to include the tongue. You know the axles are not aluminum. When I wrote the sponsor about the trailers you mentioned, they have no dealers to work the warranty and you have to contact the seller, if they are still in business, to get the trailer serviced. There are several trailers that are knockoffs fo the Aluma trailer. I stand by my comments that the Aluma is an outstanding trailer and I have one that is 7 years old...So I can see how they hold up with age.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts