GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I haven't used this particular jack but I do have one from Harbor Freight. $49.99 and works great. The price of the Jack does not make it any better. Buy the less expensive jack and put some bling on your bike.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Yup, same jack Sams Club sold a year or two ago.

I like mine, very stable and solid.

·
Registered
5,943 Posts
I bought and use what appears to be the same jack from Sam's Club last year for about $60. It works just fine, but it's not worth $199. Sears sells a slightly better aluminum jack for $169.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Kind of high priced, I too got the same model jack from Sams club about a year ago for 109 Bucks. On the other hand the jack does all I need it to with no problems.

·
Registered
525 Posts
The Torin jack is the same one as the Craftsmen except for a couple cosmetic things Sears has to make it seem different. The aluminum one is quite different than the steel. It seems better. I know you turn the handle to lower it and it is very smooth.

I have seen the Torin steel one for 49.95 after rebate at Pep Boys. The aluminum one seems much nicer, but don't know it worth the extra $$.

One difference is the aluminum will fit under the Goldwing because Sears specs show it to clear at 3 1/2". The others are 5". Fred had to grind the pads on his Sears jack to fit under the Wing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The aluminum jack is the one I was wondering about - I've used several different steel jacks, and most worked ok - some more steady than others. The aluminum jack at HF I saw seemed liked it would be pretty steady, AND I like the low weight of the aluminum - I have to store it in the back of the pickup so lifting the aluminum jack would be less stress on an old man like me.

I was a little concerned about the 5" clearance also.

Thanks for all the responses - AND you folks that were able to buy the aluminum jack for $50 sure got a good deal - what did you have to pay at Sam's for the same aluminum jack?

Ken H>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts