GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning when cranking up the Wing for the daily commute I got no sound after plugging in my headset even though the radio was on. So I tried the volume, it was already on 20. I checked the CB, got squelch static when it was on 2, so that confirmed the headsets were working. I then noticed that all my AM/FM presets were 0 (zero). I tuned the AM radio to the station I listen to on the way in to work, and tried to preset it to 4. When I held down the 4 button it went back to zero. I could tune to any station, AM or FM, and it worked fine all the way to work, but when I try to preset it the tuner set it back to zero. Any clue what is going on? BTW, the battery is fine, cranked right up. Thanks in advance!
Paul

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
What you are describing is usually the symptoms produced by a failing/bad battery or a poor ground. The radio appears to be losing its power source.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What you are describing is usually the symptoms produced by a failing/bad battery or a poor ground. The radio appears to be losing its power source.
I have had the top shelter off several times over the past few weeks, and will have to pull it off one last time before making a road trip this weekend. I guess it is possible I did not reseat some connector completely. I'll double check all the connectors.

It is a 2007 with 22k miles, and I ride it daily. It always has a strong crank, but I will check the battery. Can someone point me where I can find info on testing the battery, or post a quick explanation here?

·
Registered
20,955 Posts
sounds to me like when u were working on your bike u disconnected the power to the radio, that will cause the loss of all presets

why u can't get them to reset is the confusing part, are u sure your doing it rite ?

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Check the A Select button on the radio. Top right button on the radio, If that is pressed it will show O zero Happened to me on my 02 ONCE.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Check the A Select button on the radio. Top right button on the radio, If that is pressed it will show O zero Happened to me on my 02 ONCE.
:agree: I did this just the other day. Rode home listening to nothing. Figured it out shortly after getting home.

Jason

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds to me like when u were working on your bike u disconnected the power to the radio, that will cause the loss of all presets

why u can't get them to reset is the confusing part, are u sure your doing it rite ?
Yes, I am sure.. But I did not know about the A Select button. My niece was standing next to it last night with a guilty look on her face. I am thinking she was mashing some buttons at random.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and the winner is...

The gold star goes to Joe. It was the A Select button! Just very glad nothing major given I am going on my first "long ride" in 3 days.... Thanks Joe!

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
If your in your home area you don't use it, since you probably have the pre sets set to the stations you want. I never used it even when I would travel, I just used scan, The A SEL button sets the STRONGEST stations, not the kind of music want, so the strongest stations in the area can be in a language I can't understand, or music I don't like.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts