GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Twice in one day I stopped for a traffic light and put my left foot down only to accidently hit my kickstand and shut engine off. Somebody PLEASE tell me they do that once in a while. Maybe my boots are too big, size 8 1/2 EEEE.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yah, been there done that. Gotta spread them legs just a little, esp. your short in the inseam. :lol:

·
Registered
3,678 Posts
Yep...been there done that...

·
Registered
634 Posts
size 8 1/2 EEEE

Would those "babies" be close to squares?

We all, . . . at times . . . lose our cool factors.

Have a good evening, Mr. Elbando!! :D

·
Registered
375 Posts
Could be worse. Several years ago a buddie was real cool pulling up to a traffic light and did the slow, cool, move with the left leg to the ground just as the motorcycle came to a stop. Only problem was his bell bottom (I said a long time ago - right?) pant cuff caught on the foot peg. He dropped the bike right there in the intersection!

Yup! He was cool, okay!

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I, personally, won't make fun of your foot size. 13 EE, here. lol. I'd be 6'4" tall instead of 6'0" if God hadn't turned so much down for a foot. :oops: I can't help you on your original question, I have Rivco boards and even with the extention you have to look for the stand. :D

W

·
0 Posts
ElBando said:
put my left foot down only to accidently hit my kickstand and shut engine off. .
Nope never did that yet, but did hit the engine cut off switch @ 65 mph.

:evil:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Wi_Winger said:
ElBando said:
put my left foot down only to accidently hit my kickstand and shut engine off. .

:evil:
Now that I've done. The worst part was I was leading a ride, and for the first 10 seconds, or so, I couldn't figure out what I did. lol. :oops:

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts

So what happened when you turned it back on? Any detonation of fuel vapor in the pipes??

Bradford

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: shoe size

Gldwng said:
WOW! 8 1/2 EEEE??? Is there webbing between the toes???
When I go scuba diving I don't need the fins.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Hubby did the kill switch bit once on the way to work... we were 2up on a 3 lane highway at the time... he had an itch or something... next thing he knew bike lost power....

Flipped it back to run and away we went...

Melissa

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
ElBando said:
Twice in one day I stopped for a traffic light and put my left foot down only to accidently hit my kickstand and shut engine off. Somebody PLEASE tell me they do that once in a while. Maybe my boots are too big, size 8 1/2 EEEE.
That's better than forgetting to put either foot down......now that would create a really embarrassing situation!

Uh, no.....I've never done that. :p

Bob E.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Haven't done that, but I did forget to put UP the kickstand at work when leaving this afternoon. Of course, the minute I put it in first, the engine died. No one around to see me though, so it's the same as not happening...right? :lol:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Could be worse...years ago when bikes still had kickstarters mine went up my pantleg and when I pulled up to a redlight and tried to put my foot down it wouldn't go, but the bike sure did! Bang... I looked like Arte Johnson on 'Laugh In'. Oh yeah, and by the way...12EEEE. My feet are a perfect match for my watermellon sized head. :lol:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
24 Carat said:

So what happened when you turned it back on? Any detonation of fuel vapor in the pipes??

Bradford
I did it on my old Kawasaki Voyager XII, which is a carb. bike. I was on the side of the road with 8 or 10 bikes stopped behind me before the light above my head came on. I don't think there would be any kind of bang with the wing, because it's injected and the fuel would be shut off. Just a guess, however.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I did the cutoff switch thing on my old '86 Venture. Crossing the border from NC into VA, I remembered that VA does not like radar detectors. We were on a long, gentle, downhill slope at 50mph. I removed the radar detector and somehow in the process hit the kill switch. Nothing happened when I applied throttle, and then realized the kill switch was set. Being ignorant, I just turned it on.

BANG

I knew what had happened. The SO did not and yelled what the HE** was that? What happened? I really did want to respond to her, but I was laughing so hard I could not speak. After a few blunt blows on my backside and a few to the side my helmet, I got control and explained it to her.

She is still not amused.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I wear a size 5 shoe and I ride a trike. Can't tell you the number of times it won't start because I have accidentally put the kickstand down when I get off. (and no, I'm not blonde)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts