GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time to sell. Sure I will post here but really I hope to sell locally through Craigslist to avoid any long distance issues. There are few GLs in my area so I can't dig up comps. Looking for feedback if I am pricing this right? Thanks!

2007 GL1800 This exceptionally clean Goldwing has only 30,000 miles on it - a baby!

It has the high-end sound system (factory), a custom pin-stripe paint job over factory silver. Brand new tires, top of the line, I just spent $800 on them! Exceptional bike needs nothing, rides beautifully with cruise control, handlebar radio controls, reverse gear and some extras. Ready to roll! $14,000

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Time to sell. Sure I will post here but really I hope to sell locally through Craigslist to avoid any long distance issues. There are few GLs in my area so I can't dig up comps. Looking for feedback if I am pricing this right? Thanks!

2007 GL1800 This exceptionally clean Goldwing has only 30,000 miles on it - a baby!

It has the high-end sound system (factory), a custom pin-stripe paint job over factory silver. Brand new tires, top of the line, I just spent $800 on them! Exceptional bike needs nothing, rides beautifully with cruise control, handlebar radio controls, reverse gear and some extras. Ready to roll! $14,000
Since you are asking for feedback... here's a couple of things I see right off the bat:

1. Every 2006+ bike came with the same sound system that is an upgrade to the 2001-2005 system, so I wouldn't be touting it as "the high-end" system, especially since it came with even the lowest level wing that was sold.
  2. The "custom" pin striping can make or break a sale too... some folks may not like your idea of "custom" but some might.
  3. What tires did you buy that are $800 for a set? Most tire packages are in the $300-$400 range for the wing.
  4. Reverse gear is standard on all 2001+ wings
  5. I'd list out your "some extras".
  6. You list it as "exceptionally clean"... this is where lots of pics from multiple angles and distances will really help your listing shine.
  7. Don't be afraid of "long distance issues"... I'd say that a large percentage of folks on this forum have bought wings that weren't local. I flew from DFW to Jacksonville FL to pick up mine... and that was from a craigslist ad too. :)
  8. Also... research the "level" your wing is and list that, while adding the appropriate options in your listing. For 2007 these were the level packages:
Level 1: Premium Audio
Level 2: Add Comfort Package, Navigation
Level 3: Add ABS
Level 4: Add Airbag

If you are a Level 1 or 2... then you may be a bit over priced, but if your market can handle that price and you are a patient man, then go for it.

Hope that helps... good luck with the sale! :)

Bob

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
$800 for tires? OUCH! I have about $350 including installation costs. And my rear tire is better than your rear tire!:lol: ( jerking your chain there!)

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
$800 for tires? Sure hope you got a kiss. :lol:

·
Registered
5,897 Posts
Since you are asking for feedback... here's a couple of things I see right off the bat:

1. Every 2006+ bike came with the same sound system that is an upgrade to the 2001-2005 system, so I wouldn't be touting it as "the high-end" system, especially since it came with even the lowest level wing that was sold.
  2. The "custom" pin striping can make or break a sale too... some folks may not like your idea of "custom" but some might.
  3. What tires did you buy that are $800 for a set? Most tire packages are in the $300-$400 range for the wing.
  6. You list it as "exceptionally clean"... this is where lots of pics from multiple angles and distances will really help your listing shine.
  7. Don't be afraid of "long distance issues"... I'd say that a large percentage of folks on this forum have bought wings that weren't local. I flew from DFW to Jacksonville FL to pick up mine... and that was from a craigslist ad too. :)
  8. Also... research the "level" your wing is and list that, while adding the appropriate options in your listing. For 2007 these were the level packages:

If you are a Level 1 or 2... then you may be a bit over priced, but if your market can handle that price and you are a patient man, then go for it.

Bob

AM thinking 10k-12k it is a 2007 with 30k on the clock
sounds like a level I

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
14 on high side 12 on low side
This is a good "ball park" figure for a 2007.

Just a word of warning so your not disappointed, used Goldwing, (at lest here in the Midwest)
are not selling well...........:shrug:

Visited 4 Honda dealers near me in a week to trade my '03 w/60,000 on the O/D, and they
said their having a hard time moving used Goldwings, and act like their doing me a favor
just to offer me a trade on a new '14.

·
Registered
267 Posts
This is a good "ball park" figure for a 2007.

Just a word of warning so your not disappointed, used Goldwing, (at lest here in the Midwest)
are not selling well...........:shrug:

Visited 4 Honda dealers near me in a week to trade my '03 w/60,000 on the O/D, and they
said their having a hard time moving used Goldwings, and act like their doing me a favor
just to offer me a trade on a new '14.

Call and and ask to buy a used Wing from them, I bet they will tell you the market is red hot and they are selling at high prices

·
Registered
51 Posts

Bob
:agree::coffee1:

·
Registered
541 Posts
You can do statewide comps on Craigslist.. just Google "statewide Craigslist"... Thats how I bought my '02. There wasn't anything in my area that suited me, so I started branching out Googling .. yes.. statewide Craigslist. I found several... I started close to home, then branched out, then finally found the bike I now own about 175 miles up the road.... called him... It had just listed.. so we took a road trip that afternoon, brought it home the next day... point is... as many have stated... people will come to you... If you really want to sell it.. you can list it in any Craigslist region.... Remember what Goldwings are for?.. riding. Thats how people get them home... don't worry about where they came from...

Its not like the thing is going to get shipped.... and you have to worry about those costs... You just might get someone from 1000 miles away... and as much as we all would like to get the most at time of sale... 14k is a tad high I'm thinking... thats if you want to sell it... I mean you can list it for whatever you like.. but selling might be another story.

Mine is an '02, ABS model, w/several Kuryakyn accessories.. trunk rack, highway pegs, back-rest, grips, a few other chromies.. fog-lights, a rear-spoiler, CB, 6-disc changer, MP3 input,(and of course the AM/FM).. Baker wings, 12v access plugs, trunk organizer, trunk/saddle bag carpet kit, VERY custom striping with 24k gold leaf inlay... It had 32,000 miles and was someones baby... no doubt... and now its mine... I also need to mention it came with a 2005 matching Bushtec trailer with matching gold-leaf and spoiler..(those go for about 5k).. I did mention I drove 175 miles for the bike.. as even though there was a few that I could have settled for.. I got the whole shootin match for $12,000.... with 32,000 miles and a trailer...

Even though your bike is an '07, there just isn't that much difference... and when it comes down to it you might need a bit more bling to bring 14k... and if you're selling it.. you're probably not going to add bling.. so you might want keep your price in mind... again it depends on how much you want to sell it... The seller I got mine from priced it to sell.. I was the first one to come look, and I had cash in hand... There are many out there that will do the same thing... but you might need to be a bit more enticing... Goldwing buyers do alot of homework.. as well as sellers do to.. I definately commend your inquiry.. and wish you well with your sale.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I paid around 16200 OTD for my new at the time 2008 GW level 1. Your pricing would reflect very little depreciation for a 2007 level 1.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased an 08 level 2 with 8400 miles. It have at least $1500 in bling and chrome and such. I paid $15,000.00 at a dealer.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Recently bought an 08 with 16k miles. Very well cared for. Level 3. Paid 15k

1 - 17 of 17 Posts