GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one

Am I the only GL1500 rider here? Am I still welcome here because I still ride the 1500 and not a 1800 yet. I was wondering about this because I don't see any postings about 1500's here, I know the forum is for the 1800's but still a bike is a bike.

I'm still rideing a 1500 and love it, but I will get the 1800 some time. But I'll wait tell they have all the problems worked out of the 1800's befor I do. I'm sorry guys, 18k+ is just to much to put in a bike with bugs still in it.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
I know of two...
Strider,who recently upgraded from a 1200 and recently joined this board,and Bob Pittman who is an avid lurker and ocasional poster.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
You mean you 1500's don't have a several
boards? I am new as a Goldwing Owner, we
bought last spring. I assumed that there was
a 1500 board out there with as many, if not
more members. I have never even sat on a
1500, but it sounds like it is a bike with less
problems. Although it does seem the 1500
shares the same problem of too many
accessories to spend your money on :D
My wife had a Suzuki Burgman 650. There
was 4 accessories Suzuki offered for it ! Now
that saves money :lol:

M

·
0 Posts
Hello Wingrider, I for one will welcome you aboard, it shouldn`t make any difference what type or size bike you ride. Just like I will ride with anyone that want`s to ride. Hope you enjoy the board and fell free to ask questions about the 1500 Goldwing it to is a wonderful bike and a lot of 1800 owners were 1500 owners also.They should be able to give you the info you need. I owned a 1100 before i bought my first 1800 Red2001, loved it so much i bought a 2002Silver. Maybe someday you will Think that you want a 1800 and take one for a ride and by one like so many of us have. The bike will sell itself. So again WELCOME. Lynn

·
Registered
20,954 Posts
welcome Wingrider
many folks on the board don't own 1800's and many who do own 1800's own a few other bikes too. I am surprised that there isn't a 1500 board because it seems like there are a lot more 1500 wings running around than 1800 wings. I used to own a 1500 and it was a GREAT motorcycle and has left me with a lot of good memories.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Welcome! Come on in the water's fine. Just don't wait to buy until your 1500 falls apart, because they last almost forever! 20,000 smiles on my Illusion Blue 02 with nary a complaint. Did the ECM fix because they said I should (it never overheated). No frame cracks or anything else. I have had it loaded as heavy as 580 lbs and it is solid as a rock.
You can do a lot better than $18,000 for a new one also. I have seen as low as $15K with ABS. There are a lot of good used ones with lists of accessories in the $12,000 range. A friend bought a beauty 02 with 1200 miles for $12,500.
Don't let the naysayers scare you off. These bikes will be around for a LONG time. If you ever ride a new one you will want to buy it.

·
Registered
645 Posts
quick I have the raid just show me to the bug's

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Don't matter what you ride, as long as you ride. Welcome. and hope you get a speedy 1800 as soon as you can see fit.

Bulldog

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome aboard WingRider1995. Since your obviously interested in the 1800, you'll learn lots about them here. I owned two 1500's, a '96 Interstate, and a '00 SE. Both were great bikes. I traded the SE for my black '01 1800. The test ride did me in. I've had some, but not all the "bugs", and they were taken care of under warranty. The only problem I have with it now, is that I don't get to ride it enough. :?

Questions about the 1500 have been asked here before with good responses. Many, many of use are former 1500 owners. If you have questions, ask away. Someone here will have an answer for you.
If you have questions about the 1800, your in the right place.

Have a great day. :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts