GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GL1800
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of joining the AMA which is now closed for the weekend. Does anyone know what you get with the Roadside service as far as towing is concerned?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I used it a few years ago to tow a Highlander SUV to my home. From what I remember, they told my they covered the first 35 miles. The rest was up to me to cover. Luckily, my home was 35 miles away.

·
Premium Member
2018 DCT Airbag
7,628 Posts
Cut-rate services sometimes limit hours of service. Check the hours and days of coverage. Your vehicle may not always know the date and time when it decides to take a nap.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The basic service is very short but to have towing for a motorcycle you need AAA Plus RV which gives you up to 100 miles of towing. It costs me over $200 a year for AAA Plus RV.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The basic service is very short but to have towing for a motorcycle you need AAA Plus RV which gives you up to 100 miles of towing. It costs me over $200 a year for AAA Plus RV.
I have Plus now and just updated to RV. I wanted to see if there is anything better that will meet my needs.

·
Registered
2008 GL1800
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Get Good Sams Roadside Assistance. No mileage limit for towing. Have had them for years Cars, bikes, rv's
Great, I had forgotten about this one. I'll look into it. Thanks

·
Registered
216 Posts
Dropped the AAA because of the cost. You have to get RV rates because you have a motorcycle????. Been using AMA for the last 10 years. Havent had any issues with the bike to need any service but have had my car and sons car towed. Like was said earlier...first 35 miles free and that worked or me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts