GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found and ordered a Dunlop Elite 4 radial front tire for my 2018 Goldwing. $ 217

Seach by tire name, (Dunlop Elite 4) NOT tire size. Searching by name I pulled it right up. Searching by tire size or motorcycle didn't work. They claim to have 9 in stock.

Good luck.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Odd question. I have been hunting a front tire for my 18. When I just searched on Amazon, I see that the same Elite 4, same size of 130/70-18 shows different bike fitments. How is it the same size tire is for specific model bikes? As in, some for Harley and some for 2017 and below Goldwings and some for 2018+ Goldwings.

Why does it matter?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Odd question. I have been hunting a front tire for my 18. When I just searched on Amazon, I see that the same Elite 4, same size of 130/70-18 shows different bike fitments. How is it the same size tire is for specific model bikes? As in, some for Harley and some for 2017 and below Goldwings and some for 2018+ Goldwings.

Why does it matter?
I'm not sure if it's that way for the tire (Dunlop E4, which I still have on my Wing) but some tires are made in sizes that have different weight ratings for the same size. It's important to get the right one for the big heavy Wing.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
It’s not a Dunlop D423 made for the Goldwing. Same size but different Dunlop part number. I ran into a similar issue trying to buy a tire for the front of my wife’s Harley trike. I could get tires the correct size but they weren’t the trike specific tires.

Good luck running those tires.

Product Black Font Screenshot Line

Font Screenshot Electronic device Parallel Audio equipment

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
After further snooping I think those non designated D423 tires are the U.S. made version of the same tire. The are recommended for use on the Goldwing on the Dunlop website.

I also was successful in finding D423 tires in stock at Summit Racing.

So the sun keeps shining.

Light Product Font Screenshot Line

·
Registered
135 Posts

Why does it matter?
The Harley tire is bias ply and the Goldwing tire is a radial. They'll handle differently.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Serious question. Are bias tires not recommended for Goldwings? Or they are fine but just ride hard?
Probably not recommended (but neither is Darksiding) however I ran bias rear and radial front on a couple of my Kawasaki Concours and noticed no issues or difference in handling.
The biggest thing for the Wing is, does it meet/surpass the required weight rating?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts