GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could use some help finding a replacement for an amber LED strip that was installed inside the front air scoop on my 2001 GL1800. The strip is 9" long and has 70 small LEDs. The strip is flat on the back side and encased in a rounded clear plastic housing. The flat side has peel-off sticky tape to adhere to the inside of the front fairing. Does this description ring a bell with anyone?

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Check out custom dynamics, oznium, jd's lighting to name a few?

·
Registered
47 Posts
I went to Autozone and purchased ones that are yellow and got mine. Can't remember the size, 7 or 10, but fit just right. I had to turn one in one direction and the other in the other, so the lights would look right. The strips were not centered, but looks fantastic.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amber LED strip

Guys,

Thanks for the info. I had an unusually good run of luck today.

I took the existing strip to the local dealer, who was not much help. However, one of the Parts guys referred me to Dan at Cycle Concepts in Murfreesboro, TN.

Dan was a real whiz, and immediately identified the light as a Radiantz light strip. Then, he found a broken wire and re-soldered it into the light strip.

He then re-installed the light, better than before, and even replaced a bad turn signal bulb to boot!

To top it off, his charge of $43 was way more than fair!

I will definitely be going back to Cycle Concepts for additional lighting, and I would soundly recommend Dan as a first-rate Goldwing lighting tech.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts