GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know if there on the market is amber trunk turn signal lights. Its illegal in Europe to have red turn signals. :?:

Thomas / Sweden

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Thomas said:
Does anybody know if there on the market is amber trunk turn signal lights. Its illegal in Europe to have red turn signals. :?:

Thomas / Sweden
Thomas,

We finally got into the yellow turn signals in the mid 1970s. We are kind of slow here in the States. It bothered some of our law enforcement guys for awhile. They had to get used to the flashing yellow light meaning that someone was just changing lanes or making a turn. They were accustomed to a flashing yellow light being on the back of emergency vehicles.

Do we have red turn signals on the back of the Gold Wing? I thought that they were yellow. :oops: I will have to check on that.

I guess there could be a combination of red and yellow on the Gold Wing for signals.

But for your Gold Wing, what do you have? Do you have the combination of colors? Maybe we can change the wiring. Leave the reds as running lights and add some yellow lights. Maybe to the bottom curve of the trunk.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Hyper lights makes kits that fit under trunk of 1800. I use 2 16 led units in red wired into the pulesing 5 times then solid stop lights. They also make yellow leds for turn signals that fit on the rear of the speaker housing. They are cut curved so that when mounted they face directly to rear. Very NOTICABLE. High and outside the normal light footprint....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts