GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering......
Are you guys noticing a disparity on the reading of the ambient temperature readout?
Mine is about 10º F high, when riding, compared to my Neutrino readout and local temperature on my cell phone via Garmin Smart Link.

I mounted an Innovv camera on the right side under the headlight (just forward of sensor) and wonder if that is changing the airflow and picking up some radiator heat.....or if the sensor is just bad?
It's really not a big deal, but just wondering what others are noticing.
Thanks....

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
Mine is pretty much spot on...within 1 degree of the temp read out that I see on bill boards out on the road ..also within 1 degree of my sons ST 1300 temp read out and a GL1800's I ride with.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Does the camera get warm? Other possibilities is the camera is causing a low pressure bubble where the sensor is and that stagnant air in that bubble builds up heat that the sensor is expecting to blow past.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.....
Yea, I'm thinking the camera is messing with the airflow.......... the camera doesn't produce any heat but its just in front of the air sensor and probably causes turbulence and maybe drawing in some radiator heat.
Bike sitting in my workshop it reads a reasonable 70º F so I assume the sensor itself is fine.

Maybe move the camera to the left side next Winter, sure not messing with the bike now when riding season is just starting.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ride with friends that include 2 other '18 Wings (I'm on a '19) and a bunch of last gen BMW R1200RTs amd GS1200s. All our temp readouts are typically within 1.5 degrees Celsius of one another in a range from -2 C to +38 C.

Tim

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
My temperature raises and lowers depending on how frustrated I get with the traffic. Its been pretty cool lately.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just wondering......
Are you guys noticing a disparity on the reading of the ambient temperature readout?
Mine is about 10º F high, when riding, compared to my Neutrino readout and local temperature on my cell phone via Garmin Smart Link.

I mounted an Innovv camera on the right side under the headlight (just forward of sensor) and wonder if that is changing the airflow and picking up some radiator heat.....or if the sensor is just bad?
It's really not a big deal, but just wondering what others are noticing.
Thanks....
I've seen it today for a first time. Was showing 10 degrees Celsius more than actual temperature. I haven't done anything lately to interfere with temperature sensor.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts