GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that Americade is going to be held June 4th through the 9th.

Any idea on which days would be best to go? Or does everyone get there on the 3rd and leave on the 10th?

This will be my first time going there. Fortunately, my son has a house with a guest room about 11 miles from Lake George, so I can spend a bunch of money on other stuff instead of hotels.

Also... Any Cats-Cade news?

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
Hey TJ, check this thread out. It has started. Let me know if you would like a couple of riding buddies as Gadget and I will be leaving, I believe, sometime Friday AM to head up that way.

Wheels

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
We get there early...early in the week is best...by the end of the week lots of Americade crashers arrive and it gets really crazy

We do stay the whole week, but if you can only stay part of th time, early is best.

Where are you staying?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
7,775 Posts
NJREF said:
We get there early...early in the week is best...by the end of the week lots of Americade crashers arrive and it gets really crazy

We do stay the whole week, but if you can only stay part of th time, early is best
At last years Americade I was very surprised and disappointed that even on Monday how noisy it was was at Americade. Americade it seems is not a touring bike rally any longer. It was mostly loud V twins and sportbikes. The venders still are mainly Gold Wing but Americade now looks and sounds like any other V twin rally. Quite a difference from the last time I was at Americade.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
At last years Americade I was very surprised and disappointed that even on Monday how noisy it was was at Americade. Americade it seems is not a touring bike rally any longer. It was mostly loud V twins and sportbikes. The venders still are mainly Gold Wing but Americade now looks and sounds like any other V twin rally. Quite a difference from the last time I was at Americade.
Well, you've just hit some of the reasons why I now go to the Honda Hoot.

The logistics of the Lake George area cannot support Americade, plus I've ridden all of the roads. This event was very nice in the 80's but has outgrown the venue. The last year I was there, the police had to shut down part of Canada street.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I was there last year for the first time came all the way fron Israel and hiered GW at NJ.
If you can [ and you already have free place to stay], spend the whole week there you will love every moment. Look at the program and plan your activities.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have to agree that Americade isn't as laid back as it used to be.

From Thursday on it becomes a mob scene. Earlier in the week is more to my liking. It's more like it used to be.

On Friday and Saturday every crotch rocket and loud V twin in the state show up. Can't move on the sidewalks due to families pushing strollers and teenie boppers dressed up like biking mamas.

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It will be intresting to see how this year turns out as it is the 25th anniversary of Americade

And yes I agree with others, the rally had change markedly over the years....lots more V-twins roarin down the street, flippin' their throttles etc. And recently more sprot bikes....lotsa squids.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts