GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced their tires from one of the dealers along the road or at the vendor tents at Americade. What was the cost for a set of tires installed? Thanks

Ps. A set of Bridgestones from my local motorcycle shop was $432 Canadian, NOT installed. ($25 dollars if I bring in the wheels).

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
You will NOT get any better deal, these guys all pay a premium for the space, sometimes the local shops have deals but usually not the vendors at the rallys. BUY em here on this board and have em installed JMHO

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Bad Idea

FWIW - I have witnessed problems with friends & myself having tire changes done at rallies. Most are a 'slap off, slap on' operation. In my case when I had the 84 GL1200A, the rear was not reassembled correctly. Dealer caught it on routine maintenance.

The usual disclaimers apply.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
i have twice

competitive prices and it takes no time at all

drop your bike off, walk around and look at some stuff

come back and its all ready to roll

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Why drive to Americade on worn tires? The vendors (not all) are very busy installing tires while talking to customers. I've seen a lot of mistakes made. For me, I'll travel to Americade on new tires.

·
Registered
368 Posts
I had a set installed at Americade 3 years ago. Avon Venoms on my old Voyager, $367.00 , My local guy wanted $475. + tax.
I'd do it again.

·
Registered
386 Posts
the place i go to in jersey can not match hals price so he told me he would mount them for the same price as i would pay if i got them from him

·
Registered
905 Posts
I've done it .. and I'd do it again !
Both on my VAlkyrie Interstate and my Wing.
Don't walk around and shop as they do it .. WATCH, if they make a mistake, correct it with them right there.

Enjoy Americade :thumbup:

·
Canuck
2,825 Posts
Greg;

Last year I paid $314.24 plus taxes for a pair of Bridgestones at Markham Outdoor Power. They were having a 30% sale. Not sure if that price required they install. I had some other work done in addition to installing, so don't know what their cost just to install was.

I bought a rear Metzler at the January bike show for $175 cash, and Rosey Toes installed it today for $40.

You might want to check out tires at the two upcoming bike shows in March & April. Also, Zdeno's in Kitchener is pretty good.

·
Registered
20,951 Posts
i've not been to americade but plenty of other rallys, the prices and quallity of work always seemed pretty reasonable to me

pretty hard to screwup mounting tires on a 1800 wing, other models are a little more involved

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Had tires installed twice at Americade....no problems

Once had the bials ply E3 installed rather than the radial...they fixed it

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've had complete sets of tires installed at the Million Dollar Beach vendor area at Americade four times over the years. The most recent was a set of Dunlops last year. I've never had a problem, although the prices were not as low as I've been able to get from HDL plus the cost of installation at my dealer. It's a lot less trouble to have them done while I spend time shopping the other vendors. Once you have an appointment you get to ride your bike in and save the hike from the parking area too. Your results may vary.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Americade Tire Change

I had a rear tire replaced last year in Warrensburg Beat my dealers price by 100.00 .They damaged my rim and gave me a new rim. They could have put it back on bike and I would have not found out for awhile.Yes I would have them do it again .In Warrensburgh you do not have to pay to get into vendor area prices are a little cheaper also.:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
I had a rear tire replaced last year in Warrensburg Beat my dealers price by 100.00 .They damaged my rim and gave me a new rim. They could have put it back on bike and I would have not found out for awhile.Yes I would have them do it again .In Warrensburgh you do not have to pay to get into vendor area prices are a little cheaper also.:thumbup:
Gary Verhulst will be one of the vendors at Warrensburg, NY, he is a very honest man to deal with, and has some of the best prices at the rally.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts