GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a "Live" report from there? From the looks of the radar Lake George got 'Hammered"

Ride Safe!!

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Registered
5,259 Posts
I've been there maybe ten times, or more and never when it didn't rain at least once. That's part of the fun! I suppose it's dem thar mountains.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It came thru here 30 or so ago. At least it washed the bugs off the bike! I'm on the bus from the expo to the beach now, hope it holds off for a bit ao I can walk around without lightning coming down around me!! LOL!!
They're predicting more heavy storms later, just in time for the ride home!!!

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know I was there the year the northway got washed away.... BOTH North and South!!!

They get Monster T-Storms... it washes the inch of 'Pollen" of your bike!!

Matt(BCNV) :shock:

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It has been dry and HOT HOT HOT here all week

We are staying at a frinds house right in the Villiage of Lake George above the vendor area.

A couple big thunderstorms came through....no big deal...lotsa rain and cooled things down...no hail (flaming or otherwise), cats, dogs or frogs descending from the heavens

Good times here...cigars, bourbons, and lots of riding (the riding is obviously BEFORE the bourbon)

Crowds seem much, much lighter than years past....maybe a sign of the economic times??

·
Registered
91 Posts
We're going to Florida next week to cool off. :joke:
It's been HOT and HUMID last few days.
Rode to Vermont yesterday, temp. on the wing read about 90-94.
However no rain (like 5 mins. yesterday) until today.
Today, strong storms, for a few hours total.
Got back to the hotel before the storms, man, nothing like watching lightning over the mountains.
Wish I had equipment to capture that.
All in all, seems less crowded than previous years, wife said perhaps it just seems that way because nothing is a Roaring Brook Ranch this year.
Everything is centered at Fort William Henry, so perhaps Canada St. seems less traveled.
All in all good, did some events, got stuff for the bike (certain things I like to see touch and feel), some good riding, see some friends, enjoy some good meals, what else can a guy ask for....
Rest of the week should be cooler, and no rain for the ride home on Saturday...like I said, what more could a guy ask for...;)

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
We're going to Florida next week to cool off. :joke:
Us Floridians are heading to the Smoky Mountains to cool off... :thumbup:

BTW, Weather guessers tonight predicted 30% of rain all next week. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The temp on the bike tapped 100 coming home on 87 yesterday. Nice & cool now since the rain; may take another trip up tomorrow just to see the crowd & NOT NOT NOT buy anything.
Had a Wingsoft Small seat job done by John & Kristin in Warrensburg. Overall good results, tho I'm sitting up a small bit higher than before.
jk

·
15 year Member
6,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Have Fun everybody!!! I wish I was there with you all!!

Matt(BCNV) :cool:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Supposed to rain ALL day tomorrow...but I plan on leaving at 8am anyway.

I was able to get a room for $29.00 (employee rate) at a Hilton hotel only a mile from the main area. Just for that...I am going to make the trip and spend the night.

A buddy is coming down from Boston and meeting me in Albany...then to the hotel, then vendor show, then dinner, the bed.

Wake, breakfast...HOME !

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Was there from Sunday till this morning (Thursday). Hot and dry all week...one ten minute shower wed. night.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts