GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
But I just discovered Americade.....
WOW...
Breathtaaking...
I need info If Im going to make this happen...
Where should I stay I f I want to be close to where the tours leave, and in the middle of the crowd. I like the hustle and bustle!!!!!

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Roaring Brook Ranch was the best place we stayed for action.
Most of the demo rides were there. The bike shows. All the factory people. Tom, the voice of Americade; Bill Dutcher and his lovely wife.
We sat around and drank Scotch at night and told war stories; woke up early and had sausages & pancakes.
So much to do....

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Will add some tide bits. Registration day is almost a waste of americade time. Most activities start the next day. So missing day one is easy. Fri/sat/sun ends up like Manhatten at rush hour, lots of H-D riders arrive to carry the weekend over to the next /for the racing week in Vermont. That event is only an hour away the following week. Most places are likely booked in town by now. Try the town south of it, think there a hotel there, about 20 miles away. Wish i kept track and listed the areas best motels, myself. We stayed at the Pony Ranch, and regreted it. Big $$ for the seperate cabins, and horror stories to go with it. Place was sold and new owner doing his best to rebuild it alone on weekends. He lives in Penn. Old owner ran the place down big time. But a real nice small breakfast place, just west of the pony ranch if up there. Only about a tenth of a mile away, from the pony ranch, on right. Cannot miss it, bikes there for breakfast. Pony ranch is where the rodeo was held, about 15 miles out of town.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
CJMITCH,

Come and visit us at Cats-Cade the weekend just preceding Americade. From our place it is an easy 2 1/4 hour ride up to Lake George and Americade.

Bulldog

1 - 5 of 5 Posts