GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I may be a little late but for the love of God how on earth does someone go about finding a hotel for this event. The lodging page of the website must list hundreds of hotels, not sorted in any reasonable user friendly fashion, mind you.

I've now spent more time searching for hotels than I planned on spending at the event. :-( Maybe this is a sign to bag Americade and go to Cats-Cade?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Having done both...Cats-Cade is my choice. More "like minded" riders, cheaper and easier to get around.

We're heading up on that Thu if you want to ride up together. I also think the Lebanon group is going as, well, a group.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:thumbup:

Good call DD, pass on the "cluster" and just come by CatsCade for any safe fun ya want. Ride, meet folks, buy something Wing related and best of all it's all up to ya what ya do. ;)

Local law enforcement probably doesn't even care we are in the region and worst thing I could see happen to ya would be the weight gain from the great food or ya have to tear yer Wing down to get the dust/dirt out of it. :rolleyes::lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Stick with Cats-Cade... You won't be sorry,,,Call the Days Inn and get a room...
Yes the Pa and some of the Md group are going up on Thursday to get things started....
I can promise you,, that you won't find any better "parking lot parties" anywhere..
And the rides and food are some of the best too....

·
Registered
440 Posts
Wer'e going back this year and are staying at The Heritage of Lake George . Last year we stayed at Motel Montreal which was okay but I think the best thing is to try and find something along Canada Street which is the main drag. This will allow you to walk to almost anywhere including the Tour Expo. Find a map that shows all the hotels along that strip..

Good Luck..;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try getting a room at Nordick's Motel which is located at the north end of the village on Canada street and also has it's own website where you can make reservations.You will still be within walking distance of the village and tour expo.

ps--why not bring both of the girls with you(lol)

·
Squating Member
7,058 Posts
The few time I went we stayed in Rutland VT...not far away...I'm not into the "street" scene anymore, so staying in town wasn't a big deal...plus Rutland was about 40.00 a night. I'm sure it's gone up a little since then, but still would be cheaper.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ditto on Rutland, VT, a short ride to Lake George over beautiful back roads. Rutland hotels have no minimum stay requirements, discount the rooms for Americade attendees, put out hoses and rags to wash your bike and are just really nice people. The Holiday Inn right next to Rt 4 on ramp is my recommendation.

·
Registered
668 Posts
The flamingo resort in diamond point is a good choise. I've stayed there several times. Owned by a bike riding couple, good people.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Try getting a room at Nordick's Motel which

ps--why not bring both of the girls with you(lol)
Can'take any promises on Michele, she may be busy with my other wife, Morgan Fairchild. :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Having done both...Cats-Cade is my choice. More "like minded" riders, cheaper and easier to get around.

We're heading up on that Thu if you want to ride up together. I also think the Lebanon group is going as, well, a group.
What time are ya leaving? I was hoping to only take one vacation day and heat out of Southern Berks County around 5:00.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Plus one on staying in Rutland. Red Roof Inn while run down was clean. Besides the green mounts have some great roads. If you get up that way be sure to check out route 17. We plan on running up to Niagara Falls and over the Adirondack Mountains ending in Rutland about four days later on Sunday the 7th. We’ll be joining the ride home with you guys on Sunday.
Also on on route 100 in Pittsfield the genearl store serves an great meal.

Anyone recommend a hotel for Niagara falls on the Canada side?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Boulders Resort.....Tea Island ..........same management.....less than 1/2 mile out of town......on the lake .....shuttle bus or walk into ton......very reasonable........Stay away from The Mohawk!!! Expensive.....and everything has to be in cash!! .....joy

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeay, finally found a room, at the at the Mohican, can't wait. Any advice for a first timer?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Doug, if you plan to take demo rides at Roaring Brook get there EARLY. Americaders will be lining up at the crack of dawn to sign up for the choice rides. If you can, sign up for one of the self-guided tours. They incude a great lunch and you won't have to ride with a pack. There are some great featured speakers from the motorcycle press community and some great seminars, so schedule a little time to attend one. Harley demos are first come, first served, unlike the demos at RB Ranch. The roads in the area are fantastic, so explore a bit. Finally, there are many great restaurants in the area, so look for them outside of Lake George Village. Have a great trip.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Be sure to check out the vendors not on the main fair ground but a ½ mile up the road at the convention center also. Especially if we have liquid sunshine.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Americade Rooms

You can also check the message boards on the americade web site just go to accomadations ,I was able to find a room last night just got emailed back this morning.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Whats the difference in Americade and Cats Cade? They they basically the same kind of event but at different locations?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts