GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
15 year Member
6,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Only 135 days 'till Americade!

Can't wait to ride there. What a great ride. Hope to see Andrew and take advantage of his great wealth of knowledge of the areas most beautiful roads. Jmac and company , Bulldog hope you guys and gals can make it also , it was the highlight of the trip last year. Stay warm all in north and go polish your wheels!!

Ride Safe, Be Aware, Keep WARM!!

MattILRed 2002 :p

·
Registered
157 Posts
Matt, where are you staying? We went to our 1st Americade last year and camped. We are looking for a motel this year.

On the Americade message board its been mentioned that Feb. 1st is a good time to start looking when deposits are due for rooms reserved last year. I made a few calls so far and the only place with rooms were priced at $160-200/night. But that was on Canada St. We'd like something more reasonable, like $100/night or less and don't mind having something out of the center of Lake George.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
157 Posts
>>>travelocity still has lots for under $ 70 in the area

When I use tavelocity to search for the Lake George Area for Jun 8-12 I find three hotels. The cheapest is $109/night, but that hotel has no rooms available when I try to select it.

John

·
Registered
348 Posts
Americade Cheap Rooms

Very Clean 30 minutes away. No jacking of rooms for Americade. Price will give you $54.00 per night he will leave you with extra $ nightly to give to Hal who will return great value for your $50.00 bucks.

Try http://www.leescornermotel.com

Lewis will wave to you each morining on the way to work.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
in reply to----------
When I use tavelocity to search for the Lake George Area for Jun 8-12 I find three hotels. The cheapest is $109/night, but that hotel has no rooms available when I try to select it.

i looked about a month ago, things fill up fast

i just looked a minute ago, found the following avaible right now

lake george super 8 $ 80

lake george travelodge $ 75

glens falls econo $ 80

saratoga springs $ 59

i searched for july 7-12 and did glenns falls as the target

i would try priceline before i actually spent that much on hotels

i would try a two star hotel at about $ 45 on priceline and see what happens

all they can do is say no

loren

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yes lots of cheap rooms available in July. However, Americade is June 7-12. :) Not too many cheap rooms available then.

Also, from what I have seen Travelocity seems to really suck. I'm getting error pages, which lists the wrong 800 number for their customer support (I got Citibank when I called it). Their prices are higher than you can book the hotel with directly. I tried calling their customer service line when I found the correct 800 number, got put on hold for 25 minutes and then got disconnected.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
perhaps the correct date would make some difference

it must be that i shoveled too much snow tonight

ya thats the ticket

loren

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Lookin forward

I'm looking forward to Americade and have books my room about 30 minutes away. I will take in some of the sights with the Rally, but will be out riding alot, hopefully with Andrew and several of the other 1800 riders. I plotted Andrew's Friday ride on my GPS and it looks really good. Visiting lots of friends on the trip back and also going to the Hoot, so June should be a great month.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Will see you all there in June we stay at the Tall Pines motel, about 2 minutes from everything. :sw1: :snow1: :flg:

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Matt, how you doing big guy??? me and TBB* will be there again. Looking forward to another adventure, maybe I can get all the way through a ride w/o falling over, BWHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Hey Andrew, don't be giving away our stay, all right, we like the nice quite surrounding up your way :D :D :D

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Jazzy,

We just booked 6 rooms for Monday & Tuesday night, in that little motel Andrew recommended. Talk about cheap, but nice. I am looking forward to the trip as well.

Anybody interested in a two room suite right off the exit and very near the main drag, let me know. It is $160 + a night and requires a 3 day minimum. We have done that 2 years in a row, and decided to change this year. Our Rooms are now $48 + a night and no minimum. Quite a change. Thanks to Andrew deLivron!

Bulldog

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bulldog, sounds like you almost own the place if you took 6 rooms. In less I read it wrong, their web page says they only have 8 rooms total. Did they have any rooms left for the rest of the week of Americade? I might give 'em a call. :)

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
Bulldog, when you going up to Americade???? me and TBB are going Thursday, Friday and Saturday and Sunday.

Are you going up on Monday ?????

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
RICK: Send them an email, and then follow up with a phone call tomorrow. They will reply via Email as well. Yup 6 out of 8. We would have taken all 8 but 2 other people messed that up...LOL

Jazzy Jeff: We are going up Monday, returning home sometime Wednesday.

·
Registered
4,027 Posts
well, that just sux, we are going to go up Thursday and coming back on Sunday.

We are doing the same thing we did last year except we are NOT going to Laconia the following week :? :shock:

Thats a long way to go for a drunkfest, :D :D :D :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts