GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
MotorCycle Rally

Americade is one of the biggest Motorcycle rally's in the Country. All styles of bikes are welcome. But there are some strict rules about the loud muffler type bikes. Honda Hoot is another. There are a number of rally's in the summer in differant states. Those are only two !

·
Registered
533 Posts
Biggest and the Best Touring rally

Americade is the first rally we ever went to and we keep going back. It has it all. I even got quoted three times in the brochure out now to get folks to register for this year.

Plus, it is a good size (50,000 bikes) for a first rally. Everything in Lake George is focused on the MC rally.

There are lots of larger rallies that you may want to try sometime in the future. These are MC rallies, not just touring rallies: Daytona Bike Week; Biketoberfest in Daytona, Laconia, NH; Sturgis, SD, Laughlin, NV.

The Honda Hoot used to be great in Asheville, NC, and lots of folks still like it in Knoxville, TN. The AMA Vintage Bike thingy in Ohio....it just goes on and on.

Be sure to book lodging this month, if you hope to get a room in Americade. Check the site in a post above.

BTW, we Wing owners do not have our own world.

·
Registered
689 Posts
AMERICADE

I'VE RIDDEN FROM SOUTH FLORIDA TO AMERICADE 16 TIMES. I'LL BE THERE IN JUNE AGAIN. BEST RALLY BY FAR. GREAT BIKE SHOWS EVERYDAY, VENDORS ARE UNBELIEVABLE, THE AREA FOR RIDING IS THE BEST. AND THE LOCAL PEOPLE LOVE THE MOTORCYCLE CROWD. YOU'LL HAVE A GREAT TIME IF YOU GO.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts