GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey bulldog maybe you should have a meeting place and time were all can meet. :chatter:

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
I'm actually considering this year's festivities in conjunction with a surprise birthday party for my daughter's fortieth. Anyone have suggestions as to accomodations? Best days to be there? Will we (from the board, that is) be meeting anywhere? TIA.

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
I'm thinking...

...I'm coming back east in June to visit family in WV for a few days and then go down to Knoxville to visit more friends and hit the Honda Hoot. Americade would be a nice addition to the front of the trip and I am giving serious consideration. Any particularly place that my 1800 buds are going to be staying as I will try to get reservations there?

Thanks,

Dave Turley

·
Registered
22 Posts
newby needing help

I am fairly new and inexperienced at using the message board, but I often feel like I am missing the original thread. I seem to sometimes only get the replies. This thread of "Americade" is one of those threads.
Any help would be appreciated.
Gerald :?

·
Registered
88 Posts
The GL1800 group usually meet on Friday at the HH Ranch (?), IIRC. Andrew DeLivrion is apparently setting up a ride for Friday also. I'm going to make an extreme effort to break away from my duties there and get hooked up with the group. See the other Americade posting for his ride details.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Re: newby needing help

Gerald said:
I am fairly new and inexperienced at using the message board, but I often feel like I am missing the original thread. I seem to sometimes only get the replies. This thread of "Americade" is one of those threads.
Any help would be appreciated.
Gerald :?
Gerald, as long as you click on the subject to the left side of the list, your getting the start of the thread. If you click on the little white Icon at the far right next to the last posters name, you get the last replies posted to the thread. If there are numbers below the subject of a thread, i.e., 1, 2, 3,
this indicates that the thread has a lot of responses and there are more than one page. You can click on a number and go straight to that page.

Sometimes the messages that start a thread are short. In this case I take it that dragon bob is suggesting to Bulldog that he set up a meeting time and place for board members to meet at Americade.

Hang in there, you get use to us...ah...and the board.

Welcome aboard. :D

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
sleazy rider said:
The GL1800 group usually meet on Friday at the HH Ranch (?), IIRC.
Sleazy

Are you talking about Roaring Brook Ranch? This will be my 12th Americade and I am not familiar with HH Ranch. Am I missing something? Sure would like to meet everyone.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Dragon Bob,

I am probably the worst organizer on the board. By mid January, I should have some information about Americade etc.

Be sure that I will post it here and hopefully we will get together in Lake George.

I really don't know how long I will be at Lake George. Right now, it looks like we are going to go up early Monday, do an overnight, visit the EXPO and then return home. I live about 2 1/2 hours from Lake George.

Bulldog

·
Registered
88 Posts
RRIXX, the GL1800 group gets together at the DoubleH Ranch, down the road about 3 miles from the Roaring Brook Ranch. Americade moved the Poker Runs down there last year and there was plenty of space left over for the group to congregate in the parking lot. RBR was just too crowded with the manufacturers set up there and all the demo rides going out just adds to the confusion. If you want to read more, check the GL1800 board Americade section and look for the KotL's posting. Last I checked it had 23 replies for the 2003 gathering. Hope that helps!

I'll be looking forward to seeing Hal's show bike at TourExpo.

Hal, are you going to be at the new Convention Center or at Million Dollar Beach or is it too early yet to start planning my visit to your booth? :lol:

Tom Mills

·
Registered
762 Posts
Sleazy and RRIXX, the gl1800.org group has been meeting on Thursdays, so shouldn't interfere with Andrew's ride. Last year was at the Double H Ranch, but may change for 2004. RRIXX, I could have sworn you were at last year's gathering - we chatted about your blue GL1800 and your Windbender. I was the big guy with the only orange GL1800 present.

Hope to see you all next year. Check out my photos from last year's meeting at http://www.gl1800.org , click on Pictures, then go to page 5.

Arthur
Ottawa, ON

·
Registered
88 Posts
Thanks! I couldn't get to it last year. The bike was tied up at Boogie Lights getting some lighting put on and they were seriously overloaded with work. This year is another story. I plan on enjoying myself a bit more, as I really don't need/want anything new for the bike. The goal for 2004 is to see more of the area around LG and north. We did the lap around Lake George up to Fort Ticonderoga in 2001 and it is absolutely gorgeous. I'd like to go up near Tupper Lake and that region this year.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts