GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
interesting... we used to have a Jeep Liberty once... and when you pulled up to a stop, and put it into park, the odometer would jump up 1 to 2 miles!! we sold it shortly after noticing that...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Honda

The wings are doing the exact same thing.

I wonder if Honda will recall them for repair?

·
Registered
252 Posts
$9.8 million in plaintiff attorney's fees :eek:, and all the owners get is a 5% mileage extension on their warranties. Gotta love lawyers. :evil:

Bottom of page 3:
:click:$9.8 million

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
So does this mean that Verdayne's poll about mileage is not legit? :lol:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Toyo said:
http://www.wsbtv.com/money/10655318/detail.html
Gee, Toyo, for a minute there I thought you'd moved north... WSBT is one of our local TV stations out of South Bend, Indiana!

http://www.wsbt.com/

Becky

B

·
0 Posts
I posted this about a month ago.

I got the letter from Honda since I have 3 affected cars.

I threw the letter away. The only ones who will get anything out of this are the two main plaintiffs and the lawyers.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
I sent the tv station an email explaining that our bikes do it too. I have over a 4,000 mile discrepency on my odometer right now.
Resale smeesale, right?
That's the main reason I put in the speedo healer.. Not for the MPH, but the odometer.. I wonder if we could do the same on the '06 Hybrid???

·
Fire Eating Member
6,473 Posts
Well.... IMHO.. Honda should have to repair the affected units... thats
what I call... WARRANTY PROBLEM... Honda sold the units .. got the money for them.. now its time for them to step up and fix their goof up..
heck with extending the warranty.. thats the "EL CHEAPO" fix..

cosmic

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
That website says for cars purchased through Nov 7th, 2006.

So, what, the problem went away on Nov 8th, 2006???
:shock: :shock: :shock:

not just an idle question
... we purchased ours (a 2007 model) on Nov 14th, 2006
:x :x :x

Dennis

·
Registered
19,062 Posts
Thanks. My wife has a Honda Civic Hybrid purchased between those dates. We have not gotten anything from Honda. I plan to keep the letter if any additional warranty work is done 5% after her mileage warranty.

Thank you. :D

I dont think this could ever apply to Goldwings since their warranty is unlimited mileage within a certain year span.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
laen said:
I dont think this could ever apply to Goldwings since their warranty is unlimited mileage within a certain year span.
Georgia has specific laws regarding "diminished resale value" for motor vehicles.
This will boil down to whether or not motorcycles are considered motor vehicles; in all but 13 states, they're not.
Charlie Crist might manage to get that changed in Florida at least...

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
How many of us on this board have had any real damage because of the speedo error? I appears we represent an American cross section - wanting something for nothing, howling at something that makes no real difference. Way too much spare time. Bothers you? Unload it and get on with life.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
beastie said:
I posted this about a month ago.

I got the letter from Honda since I have 3 affected cars.

I threw the letter away. The only ones who will get anything out of this are the two main plaintiffs and the lawyers.
Maybe you are right and maybe not. Around 1990 I was involved with a class auction lawsuit that was against an American gun manufacturer. It dealt with faulty barrels on one of their over/under shotguns. I had one I bought used. I sent in my serial numbers like they requested thinking it was a waste of time and low and behold I did get a check for over 135.00 if I remember correctly. So do what you want. If I ever become affected and it does not cost me more than the item may be worth I would think about complyiing with it. JMHO>>>

Ross

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
laen said:
Georgia has specific laws regarding "diminished resale value" for motor vehicles.
This will boil down to whether or not motorcycles are considered motor vehicles; in all but 13 states, they're not.
Charlie Crist might manage to get that changed in Florida at least...
Bill, where can one find that list of states?

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
IR Harry said:
How many of us on this board have had any real damage because of the speedo error? I appears we represent an American cross section - wanting something for nothing, howling at something that makes no real difference. Way too much spare time. Bothers you? Unload it and get on with life.
AMEN TO THAT!

Send more letters and complaints, call TV stations - the lawyers will thank you while they line their wallets and then everybody can start complaining about the price increases. :roll:

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Well.... IMHO.. Honda should have to repair the affected units... thats
what I call... WARRANTY PROBLEM... Honda sold the units .. got the money for them.. now its time for them to step up and fix their goof up..
heck with extending the warranty.. thats the "EL CHEAPO" fix..

cosmic
Why do you think Honda accepted this settlement with the response saying it was for "customer satisfaction"? Of course it was the cheap way out. That way the lawyers get their pocket lined but Honda is not stuck with a major recall expense. If the lawyers had pressed for a recall and correction of the odometers, you can bet your sweet bippie that Honda would have fought it with teeth and toe nails. Geez Louise! :?

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
cosmic_chariot said:
Well.... IMHO.. Honda should have to repair the affected units... thats what I call... WARRANTY PROBLEM... Honda sold the units .. got the money for them.. now its time for them to step up and fix their goof up..
Ummmm..., and what is it that they're supposed to fix? A 2-4% odo error is fairly trivial and well within industry requirements. This isn't something that's broken..., it's just the way it is. If you think of the number of things you do when you're driving your vehicle that could affect the mileage reading, the manufacturer's error is the least of the concerns. In fact, there's always been a circulating rumor that the government actually likes motor vehicle builder to have an error that reads over. This helps to keep some folks a wee bit below the posted speed limit.

Honda isn't admitting any liability.., just keeping it's customers happy by extending their warranty as a CUSTOMER SERVICE..., you know, that item that everyone carps about not getting enough of (I know, I know..., a dangling participle). I doubt if ANYONE will ever see a nickel over this goofy class action. I'll be willing to bet anyone with an IQ greater than 2 digits that this thing will get laughed right out of court.

Im currently on my 7th Honda car/van, and all have been very close to accurate (according to GPS)..., at least until I replaced the OEM tires, and jacked the pressures up a bit, and did some driving on icey roads in the north.

And somebody here took me to task last week because I dont wear a helmet..., sheeesh!

·
Registered
18 Posts
It is unbelievable to me how some of you cannot wait to find some fault with Honda. What a minimal speedo error. Who cares? As far as the Wing goes, it's unlimited mileage, anyway. So, it doesn't matter. Please, enjoy the bike or go somewhere else. You negatives are getting mighty old.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts