GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this product (from Hal) the same thing as a ground loop isolator? I need to take the buzz out of my xm radio wired through the auxillary plug.
ELE-03204
Electrical Connection inline power noise filter for the GL1800. FREE SHIPPING.

My second question is regarding an amp. Will an amp help the stock front speakers and an EC rear set, or is an amp a waiste without upgrading the speakers?
Either way, can you recommend an amp and comment on installation?

Thanks and Merry Christmas!!

mike

·
Registered
149 Posts
Ground loop isolator

What you describe is not a ground loop isolator but a power supply filter. I installed a Cobra CB and took its speaker output to the auxiliary input of the Honda radio located under the left front pocket. I got a terrible alternator whine, I'm sure that's what you have in your XM radio. I installed a Radio shack power filter on the Cobra CB and it helped some but not enough. Then I installed the Electrical Connection ground loop isolator which completely eliminated the alternator whine. I ordered it from Hal but had to wait a long time for it to ship because they were out of stock and it took some time to get more from EC.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Dean, I installed the Radio Shack ground loop isol but it is big and took several adapters to make it work on the 1/8 plug.
The one Hal has looks very compact and plug and play. I was hoping it was the same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts